Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Workspace Options Greyed Out

New Here ,
Jun 17, 2019 Jun 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Illustrator CC 23.0.3, Windows 7 Enterprise, 64 bit

When I open Illustrator no tools are present. I can get the toolbar to show, Window, Toolbars.

I can navigate Window>Workspace> and choose the workspace, but the tool windows do not appear. The Reset, New Workspace, and Manage Workspace are greyed out. I have to add each tool window manually, even though I have chosen a workspace with multiple tools.

When I open Illustrator anew, the toolbars are all gone, including the main one that appears on the left.

I don't understand what is happening. Anyone? Thanks.

Tara

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 17, 2019 Jun 17, 2019

Hi Tara,

Check that Adobe Cloud is up and running without any error message. Look for cloud icon in your top right icons.

Screen Shot 2019-06-17 at 1.47.54 PM.png

Reset your prefs

How to set preferences in Illustrator

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tara,

Check that Adobe Cloud is up and running without any error message. Look for cloud icon in your top right icons.

Screen Shot 2019-06-17 at 1.47.54 PM.png

Reset your prefs

How to set preferences in Illustrator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Resetting the preferences worked. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also had this problem with the new update to Illustrator 25 and resetting preferences *mostly* corrected the issue. My custom workspaces would not load directly. However, by choosing the custom workspace and then choosing the option to "reset essentials" loaded my workspace correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2020 May 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

It does not allow me to reset preferences, everything is greyed out

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 08, 2020 Dec 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue, grayed out options and no toolbars/palettes unless manually opened in Window menu. Unable to save a workspace. Tab does not help, resetting prefs does not help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 08, 2020 Dec 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updating to AI 2021 solved it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2021 Apr 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm having this very issue every time I open the app. It's frustrating. This and my corner widgets are not showing up. I have to completely reshow everything and the workspace options are greyed out/disabled. I've attempted several solutions, none of which worked. If I select my old workspace nothing happens. I cannot add/create or save a new one. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines