• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InCopy won't open files

Community Beginner ,
Oct 24, 2018 Oct 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CC 2019 and CC 2018 are throwing the message: An error occurred opening the package file. Files that had zero issues opening in the past.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled. Restarted the computer. It's not just mine, it's happening to my editor and my managing editor.

Anyone know what's going on?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Nov 08, 2018 Nov 08, 2018

Thanks for the additional details. In that case, we may need to troubleshoot this further at your system level. Can you reach out to us via phone or chat here

Thanks,

Om

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My best advice is to stop using this workflow. Put everything in a shared Dropbox folder and work that way.

It’s far more reliable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yeah that is not helpful or an answer to my problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On the contrary…it is very much the answer to your problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rebecca,

Are you working on macOS Mojave? If yes, was it working fine before the update? Please check this Uservoice discussion and suggest if that's similar to your issue: Unable to package a file to a server after upgrading to Mojave. – Adobe InDesign Feedback

Thanks,

Om

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have not updated to Mojave. It stopped working when I updated to CC 2019. I have other coworkers who were able to uninstall 2019 and reinstall 2018 and are able to work. But that hasn't worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the additional details. In that case, we may need to troubleshoot this further at your system level. Can you reach out to us via phone or chat here

Thanks,

Om

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 12, 2019 Jul 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im having the same problem, everytime the designer routed an article to me and try opening it, the computer is frozen.

The designer already recreate the article but when opening the new one, same thing happen.

Btw, im connecting to a server and accessing InCopy from there. I have no problem accessing other articles though.

Im not sure how can I fix this. Thanks in advance for your reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What does "routed an article" mean?

What version of InDesign? What version of InCopy? What operating systems?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After the designer created the article, they routed it to the Editor to make changes or simply do their job (writing, etc)

We uses Cloud based InDesign CC 64 bit and InCopy CC 64 bit and they are connected to Windows 10 OS environment.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What does routed mean? Are you saving on a server? What are you trying to open? The INDD file? The ICMA file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines