• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

13.3.1 Syncing deletes images from Collections

Explorer ,
Jun 24, 2024 Jun 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I noticed that my catalog hadn't picked up the images from my iphone for a a week or so and checked the usual solutions. With no obvious answer, I called Adobe. I warn people not to call Adobe for help; I should heed my own advice.....After spending way too long on the phone between two days, Adobe told me to manually search for and change the flag status or color of 200 images, manually. Yeah right. I'm surprised that they never suggested that I try a back up catalog. Since syncing, even when it was working, never finished syncing, I decided to burn things down and start over. I deleted the Lightroom app on my phone and re-installed it to dump the photos, and deleted everything from the cloud.

Syncing new photos from my phone to Classic is working and most Collections are syncing from Classic to my phone, but some collections aren't and some collections are shrinking in size. I've created new collections to sync and they shrink too.

collections.jpg

Windows 10

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 04, 2024 Jul 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's exactly Aa too. I tried having them nested in Collection Sets (which is how I organize them in LrC) and just under Collections. They just get wiped when it syncs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 04, 2024 Jul 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I fixed mine. I went to the Folders (2 of them) where this was happening, selected all the photos, then deleted them from All Synced. I waited for LrC and Lr to sync up, then added them again to the Collections.

Definitely something wrong, but I just wanted a solution to move on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines