• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adjust Capture Date of Multiple Photos to the Same Date

Community Beginner ,
Apr 26, 2020 Apr 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have scanned years' worth of family photos and I am now organizing and touching up. I would like to adjust the Capture Date metadata to match when the photo was taken. I can do this one photo at a time from Metadata > Edit Capture Time but when I select multiple photos and do this, it shifts the photos by the same amount of time when what I actually want is for the photos to have identical Capture Dates. For example, I have a batch of 20 photos taken on Christmas in 1994. I'd like each of the photos to reflect "1994-12-25" as the Capture Date. I'm not really concerned about the Capture Time.

I have also tried selecting multiple photos and using the Sync Metadata feature with no luck.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 26, 2020 Apr 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't do multiple files in Lr but this plugin should work

http://lightroomsolutions.com/plug-ins/capture-time-to-exif/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 27, 2020 Apr 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Bob,

Unfortunately, I was able to instal and use the plugin, but it doesn't seem to actually do anything. I'm on a Mac running 10.15. My guess is that may be the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The plugin was written by John Beardsworth and his plugins ar known to be good so I am sure it will work.  He specifically mention it works on Mac. The plugin is a front end to EXIFTOOL.  Did you also install Exiftool.  Did you go through the Troubleshooting guide.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I edited previous post as Exiftool is built in to the plugin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

To build on Bob's reply, contact the plugin author John Beardsworth by email or a private message here.

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines