Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

adjusting image to be similar to other image

Explorer ,
Mar 31, 2024 Mar 31, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have these 2 jpg photos

I want image ( 2 ) similar to image ( 1 ) in light , brightness , contrast , all other settings

How can I do that ?

What setting which i can edit it to be correct ?

Is there a prepared lightroom preset that i can apply on image ( 2 ) to be similar than image ( 1 ) ?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One is in neutral shade, the other in some kind of directional light from the right. Either the sun came out, or it's closer to a window.

There is no preset or any kind of automatic procedure to account for different lighting. That changes all the internal relationships. You have to use your eyes and compensate as well as you can.

In this case I think I would just brush in a few Highlights adjustments to bring them down a bit in #2, and a bit more work on the cyan jumper/tie. A little darker on the right side, a little less cyan.

Don't overdo it! To be honest, I don't think you should make a big deal out of this. If you try to "micro-match" these in detail, you'll only get yourself into much bigger problems.

Cyan saturation is too high overall. Look at the hair on #2! This is a very common side effect of mixed lighting. I'm guessing there's room light, and then bluish daylight from a window.

Next time, if you don't want to get it professionally done with flash units, turn off the room light and face them towards a big window(s), and do it on an overcast day. Natural light is hard to control.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your great reply

I'll try a do what you say , may success

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any help Here !!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another trick is to hit the "auto" button on both. It will usually get them close in cases such as this. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to get image ( 2 ) like ( 1 )

I don't want to change anything in image ( 1 )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah only way is as @D Fosse indicated. Put image 1 in reference mode and adjust manually until it matches. For this all it needs is likely a bit of negative exposure and increased contrast. No automated way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply

I'll try to do that

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 01, 2024 Apr 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any other suggestions !!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 02, 2024 Apr 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any other soultions

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 28, 2024 Apr 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any other soultion or paid plugins can help me here !!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It doesn't help to ask over and over again.

The best suggestion has been given already ... it's manual work, ideally using the reference mode.

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

... for the exposure only, you can try "Match total exposures" from the settings menu.

However, that's exposure only and your mileage with this automatic may vary quite a lot and not meet your expectation.

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines