• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

adobe cloud & Lightroom

Community Beginner ,
Apr 11, 2024 Apr 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have photoshop elements 2023. I also have Lightroom 6 Classic. I cannot get my Microsoft One Drive Cloud to move photos into Lightoom. (they don't play together well)  Will putting my photos into PE2023, then putting them in the Adobe Cloud, then copying them into Lightroom solve my problem?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 14, 2024 Apr 14, 2024

Correct, plain and simple, it can't be done. That is why I said "Nope" in my first post, okay, without saying why.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 12, 2024 Apr 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@birmancat 

I've moved your post from Using the Community (for questions about the forums) to LR Classic for you.

Can you confirm you are using LR6 and not the current version 13.2?

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/whats-new.html

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, LR Classic.Sent from my Galaxy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 13, 2024 Apr 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, LR Classic.Sent from my Galaxy
By @birmancat

I don't think this is sufficient or useful information. We need to see the contents of Help->System Info (just the first 10 lines will do).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope.

Please tell us what the target is that you are trying to achieve.

As asked before, please also verify the version you are using. Best is to copy the system information from the help menu and post it here.

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you say "I cannot get my microsoft one drive cloud to move photos into Lightroom", please know that Lightroom 6 (and all earlier versions and later versions named Lightroom Classic) cannot work with photos stored on a cloud drive. The photos must be stored on a local drive (internal or external) or a local area network drive.

Regarding using PSE2023 to put photos into the Adobe cloud, please know that some versions of Lr 6 (single-payment) have no interactions with the Adobe cloud. So that won't work. (Other versions of Lr 6 — subscription — do have the ability to work with photos in the Adobe cloud). But if your photos are in the cloud, I don't think you can import them into PSE2023 either (but I never tried).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do not try to mix OneDrive and Adobe apps. You'll have a miserable experience.

Lightroom (Classic) 6 is no longer supported or available for download. Be aware of that.

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/lightroom-6-end-of-support.html

Adobe has split Lightroom into two apps. Lightroom Classic, the newer version of what you have now, is primarily for your local computer. Lightroom Desktop is the cloud-based version which is capable of storing photos online (and can now store photos on your local computer if you want) so you have mobile access.

There are a number of differences between the two, you'll have to decide which one works better for your needs.

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/lightroom-feature-comparison.html

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/lightroom-cc-vs-classic-features/

https://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop-lightroom-classic/lightroom-cc-vs-lightroom-classic.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Lumigraphicsand others: does Lightroom (not Classic) have the ability to import photos that are stored in OneDrive in the cloud?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know. But I do now that trying to mix Adobe apps and cloud storage is a bad idea, it can lead to funny problems because Lightroom has no way to know whether the local copy and cloud copy are synced and whether another client has updated the cloud version. You can look through these forums to see how often this breaks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I completely agree with you @Lumigraphics , I was trying to learn a little detail about Lightroom (not Classic) that might or might not be useful in this thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think I typed what I should have typed.  Sorry about that.  I meant to say that if I put my photos in PE2023 & either culled or worked a few things on them, I could then store them in the Adobe Cloud-if I wanted to.   With them back in PE2023, (out of the Cloud) could I then copy them into Lightroom 6 Classic?   I know I can't go Cloud to LR.  I am trying to utilize Adobe Cloud, as I have 2T of storage, per an agent on Adobe Help, that goes with PE2023.  I'm wanting to perhaps put my photos in Adobe Cloud and leave my Microsoft One Drive Cloud for documents, etc, etc.  I do plan on making sure that the original photo file stays in File Explorer. I can copy it to several places for convenience.  I guess I just want clarification that if the photos are in PE2023, I can copy them into LR Classic 6, as they are both Adobe products.  (It's been a bad week & I am not phrasing my sentences when I am this frazzled. Sorry.  I hope this make my question and goal clearer.  Thanks for all your comments and suggestions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps me being pedantic- You don't ever "put" your photos into Photoshop Elements. You don't ever "copy them into" Lightroom 6 Classic.

And there is no such app called  "Lightroom 6 Classic". Others have asked you for System info from your Lr help menu to determine your exact version of Lr.

I don't know how, or even if, PSE can store photo files in any Cloud. I understood that PSE always requires files to be on a local hard-drive. (PSE can 'share' files to Flickr.) (The Full version of Photoshop can save images to an Adobe Cloud share.)

Lightroom 6 (Legacy old version) and Lightroom-Classic cannot use original camera files in any Cloud. They also must be stored locally. 

The new Cloud based 'Lightroom' is totally different- it does store photos in the Lightroom Cloud.

There is no direct link to store files in Adobe Cloud.

IMO With the Apps you are possible asking about your 2TB of Cloud space has no purpose. Other PSE users may tell me I am wrong.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 13, 2024 Apr 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess I just want clarification that if the photos are in PE2023, I can copy them into LR Classic 6, as they are both Adobe products.

I consider this unlikely, unless you have the subscription version of Lr 6. Do you? Or was Lr 6 a one-time purchase, no subscription?

It has nothing to do with they are both adobe products. Lr 6 (one-time purchase) had no ability to work with files in the Adobe Cloud.

I'm wanting to perhaps put my photos in Adobe Cloud and leave my Microsoft One Drive Cloud for documents, etc, etc. I do plan on making sure that the original photo file stays in File Explorer. I can copy it to several places for convenience.

If your photos are stored on a local disk (internal or external or local area network disk), then you can import them directly into Lr 6. But the words you wrote do not make clear if the photos are on a local disk, having them "in File Explorer" means nothing, we need to know what disk and where that disk is located.

But anyway, we have gotten this far and on a number of important issues, you have not provided a clear answer. Please give us a clear answer to these requests for information:

1. Show us the first 10 lines of Help->System Info from your "Lightroom 6 Classic".
  2. Tell us if your "Lightroom 6 Classic" is subscription, or single payment.
  3. Are the photos stored on a local disk (internal, external or local area network disk) or on a "cloud disk"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 14, 2024 Apr 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Be aware that with Lightroom 6, no matter if perpetual or subscription version, syncing to the cloud is not possible anymore.

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Be aware that with Lightroom 6, no matter if perpetual or subscription version, syncing to the cloud is not possible anymore.

By @F. McLion

Thanks for pointing that out. I had forgotten. I think this closes the discussion here about using PSE to upload files to the Adobe Cloud and then Lr 6 to download from the Adobe cloud — it can't be done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correct, plain and simple, it can't be done. That is why I said "Nope" in my first post, okay, without saying why.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 15, 2024 Apr 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I have the answers I need.  Thanks for all the info and suggestions.  I will try to find how to close this.  If not, admin can close it for me.  Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 16, 2024 Apr 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I will try to find how to close this.  If not, admin can close it for me. 

By @birmancat

Threads are closed when one or more answers are marked "correct" (as has been done here).

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines