Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Creative Cloud stuck on Loading Apps

New Here ,
Jul 06, 2024 Jul 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, 
I've been having some troubles with the Adobe Creative Cloud app. When trying to access the Apps it's stuck on 'Loading Apps Tab' with the round loading symbol. I've gone through a few other posts with the different reccomendations of making sure everything is up to date (including Windows), turning off Firewalls, restarting computer multiple times etc...
I've also seen the reccomendation of uninstalling the Creative Cloud, however this would uninstall Lightroom as well. I'm really hesitent to do this because I've got many years worth of presets and settings saved, and presumably when uninstalling the entire program it would remove those?

How can I save all of my current settings/presets so if I uninstall it all, when I go to reinstall the program I can theoretically copy those settings/presets I've made back into the newly installed version? 
Or is there any way I can manually update Lightroom classic without going through the CC? 

Thanks in advance!

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 06, 2024 Jul 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I forgot to add, right now I'm currently halfway through editing some wedding photos so if I go to uninstall everything wouldn't that also remove my catalogs and progress for these photos so far? All I want to do is update Lightroom to the most recent version to try out some of the newer features. Cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 07, 2024 Jul 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I forgot to add, right now I'm currently halfway through editing some wedding photos so if I go to uninstall everything wouldn't that also remove my catalogs and progress for these photos so far?

No, it should not remove your catalog. BUT, and a huge but. You might not be able to install LrC at this time. I would highly recommend finishing your work before taking those actions.

Some points

• Uninstalling the Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop App, may deactivate your LrC (and other Adobe CC Apps). Similar to signing out of the Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop App. And if the install of the Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop fails, you will not be able to activate your LrC.
  • LrC updates and upgrades can have issues. These issues often foul up Wedding Photographers work at the absolute worst time in the year. Do not attempt an update or upgrade to a work computer when you can least afford your work getting interrupted.
  • Do you have a second computer to use as a test bed? Highly recommend for members where photography is their employment.

I am not an Adobe employee. Not a Adobe Tech. Most of your fellow community members are not. Do not take the above as professional advice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
11 hours ago 11 hours ago

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your response!
I'll definitely make sure I'm finished with any editing before attempting an uninstall. Unfortunately no second computer to try it on but hopefully I'll find a way to back a few things up just in case. 

Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines