• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After exporting an image to PS, and working on it, it's stored in the wrong place in LR

Community Beginner ,
Mar 28, 2024 Mar 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have my LR library sorted by the time the image was taken. Since a week or so, when I export an image that, let's say, is somewhere in the middle of the images of that folder to PS, work on it, and then save it back into LR, it suddenly appears as the first image in that folder (together with the origanl not-worked-on file) instead of its original place within it (which was somewhere in the middle). Leaving the folder, then opening it again, I find the image (and its worked-on version) in the right place again. With large numbers this is quite annoying and it never has been this way before. Anyone has an idea how to fix this? Work in Mac. 

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check the sorting of the folder (lower left corner below the image). It's is probably set to 'Added Order' rather than File Name or Capture Time.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, but that is set correctly - and presumably why when leaving the folder and coming back again makes all as it should be. It just happens immediately after re-importing the image from PS. And that has never happened before, just as of today that I noticed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 29, 2024 Mar 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not see this on my Mac, so it must be something on your computer, not a general Lightroom Classic problem. Try resetting the preferences: https://www.lightroomqueen.com/how-do-i-reset-lightrooms-preferences/

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 29, 2024 Mar 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Johan. I didn't either see in on my Macs over the last 20 years, but now I do. I will reset the preferences and if that doesn't work de-install and install both LR and PS.  Thanks, Hans

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 30, 2024 Mar 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Johan again, following up: resetting preferences and de-installing and re-installing didn't seem to solve the issue. However I have narrowed the issue down: when exporting an image to PS and saving it again in LR, it seems to be placed wrongly only when I have opened the top folder (Varanger 2024). When I execute the same action within the 'day folder' (20240325) it is placed in the right place.. will keep an eye on it for the coming days while working on my images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You likely have your sort order (Library>Grid>Toolbar) set to the wrong value (Edit Time/Edit Count/Added Order).  You probably want to sort by Filename, Capture Time or similar. 

Screenshot 2024-03-28 at 11.34.03 AM.png

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, but that is set correctly - and presumably why when leaving the folder and coming back again makes all as it should be. It just happens immediately after re-importing the image from PS. And that has never happened before, just as of today that I noticed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 30, 2024 Mar 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I see this all the time.   Sometimes its Lightroom "changes" the sort to custom automatically, which messes with your perception.  Sometimes, Lightroom just gets "confused" and if you change collections and then go back to the collection you were working on, it will show up fine - lightroom gets "confused" often and sometimes just needs to refesh its local buffers.   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines