Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After installing Lightroom 8.0 missing old crop information

New Here ,
Feb 09, 2019 Feb 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi<

I'm using lightroom  (classic) CC for many years now. We are now on version 8.1. If i'm lookling to old raw photo's in a filmstrip, i can see the icons for crop, location and other functions. The pictures are croped. After a while the icons diappear and the crop information and location info even so. Ther are a lot of photo's edite in june 2018 and the crop information is gone? How is this possible? Editing of colors and so on are still there.

I. have to admid that I've used ON1 for a few mounths, but I'am totaly back in lightroom/Photoshop. I'had tried to migrate from  lightroom to On1 but this didn't work....

What is the source of my problems? can anybody help me with that?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could it be you have Auto sync, or some similar setting, turned on that is removing, resetting, the crop?

As far as I know this is not possible. Once a crop is made the only way to remove it is to reactivate the Crop Tool and Reset it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshots?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To make sure I understand what is occurring

1. Launch LR Classic CC, Filmstrip looks OK, includes symbol for crop (and other symbols)

2. Then the filmstrip preview changes, and the symbols such as crop go away.

3. Then if you look at image in Loupe or in Develop, the previous crop is gone.

Can you do this, if it is repeatable. Quickly select one image in the film strip, and select Loupe instead of grid. watch filmstrip, Navigator windows, and Loupe. Crop changes?

4. In Develop, for the image, in the History panel, any odd stages?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 16, 2019 Feb 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry David for late reaction, I'am very busy....

This error is repeatable if I load an old catalog from the backups I made in the past.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 16, 2019 Feb 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please remember that this is an internet forum**. This is not a support page. Actual Adobe employees rarely interact on this site. To actually contact someone at Adobe read Ref (1). Another way to get Adobe’s attention is to place your issue at REF (2)

REF (1) https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2105584

REF (2) https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/categories/photoshop_family_photoshop_lightroom

** https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_forum

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines