• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

backup

New Here ,
Mar 25, 2024 Mar 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a customer with a 6TB LrC folder.  I want to backup it up to the local NAS. When I just backup the entire LR folder I get errors. AND I am not sure if it will work for a restore. 

error like -- " 'F:/Lightroom/Lightroom Catalog-2-2-v13 Previews.lrdata/0/0096/009607B1-97D2-4A96-B0FC-0C4CE321CAFD-077b070982fd42045ed5e932196fb988.lrprev'"

ERROR: Error copying file: getting file info before copy: SibGetFileInfo: The system cannot find the file specified.  (error 2)

we do not use ANY of the cloud stuff with Lr. 

I have backup tools that do daily backups.

What folders should I backup. OR does LrC have backup modules that I should be using??

Thanks

Les

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use the built-in backup and just save the catalog. You might also want to optimize and verify the catalog to be sure its in good shape.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 02, 2024 Apr 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how can I veryif the catalog.??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 02, 2024 Apr 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can only verify a catalog by checking that option in the catalog backup dialog. It's now called 'Test Integrity':

1 2024-04-02 16-57-12.jpg

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The error comes from a preview that was removed before it could be copied. Do not copy the catalog folder while Lightroom Classic is running. It's not really necessary to copy the entire folder however. Lightroom Classic will rebuild previews if and when necessary, so as said by @Lumigraphics you could use the built-in catalog backup option. https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/back-catalog.html

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I presume you are backing up the actual photos as well? They are not in the catalog folder.

As the others said, all you need to back up from the catalog folder, is the catalog file itself, the "xxx.lrcat". Everything else will get rebuilt as needed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines