• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Batch processing not applying giving same results

Explorer ,
Aug 16, 2024 Aug 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I was wondering if there is a limit to how many images Lightroom can batch process without 'messing' up? That's the only thing I can think of that is happening.

I have 1135 images from a night sequence of shots.
Viewed in their raw state - all the images are about the same in terms of exposure, color, etc.

I had initially applied a preset to all of them which included denoising when I noticed the issue.

So to test, I started over in a new folder, putting a copy of the raw files there and imported them 'new'.

This time I only applied a batch of denoising with enhance under the Photo Tab.

After that was done, I selected all the dng files only and in development hit the Reset button to have a 'plain' preset to test and used synchronized button with all options selected except masks.

I let this process, but the same results came out.

A number of images had glaring differences from each other - like a different preset had been applied to them.

Can't figure out what's going on or how to get the same preset apply to all the images 'evenly'.

[Moved from ‘Bugs’ to ‘Discussions’ by moderator, according to forum rules. A ‘bug’ is not just another word for any problem with software!]

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 19, 2024 Aug 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @jaiy 

Can you please share a video of the workflow?

Also, please share you system info (Lightroom Help-> System info) along with the screenshot of Lightroom -> Preferences -> Presets tab

Thanks,

Arjun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the reply and a willingness to look into the matter.
This may take a while before I respond again as I have to research screenshot video to use for recording my steps, but I will since this would be good to know why I'm having this issue. Thanks again for your reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the reply and a willingness to look into the matter.
This may take a while before I respond again as I have to research screenshot video to use for recording my steps, but I will since this would be good to know why I'm having this issue. Thanks again for your reply.

By @jaiy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 24, 2024 Aug 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi arjunhaarith....here's the screenshot video showing my results and how I got them.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Zux5kj2yWs1-IBwsNIjmYkkF0K6Y9ytz/view

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Link to video at google is not public.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Should be good now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 25, 2024 Aug 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @jaiy ,

I saw your video.

Do you see the same rendition when you go to Develop module as well ?  Also when in develop, under msaking do you see any 'update' for any of the masks? If yes, click on 'Update' and then compare again.

Alternatively, can you try this approach : 

1) Go to Develop Module

2) Select All images

3) Ensure 'Auto Sync' is on 

4) Click on the preset that you want to apply

Now once the settings have been applied on all images , please check if it is the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 26, 2024 Aug 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi arjunhaarith....thanks again for responding and looking into this,

Yes, when I go to Develop I still see the same rendtions as in the library preview(I'm aware sometimes there might be a delay in library view and also Develop - so I always give a 'chance' or rather some time before judging for my computer to finish processing/updating.

I looked under masks and see no update button that presents itself. Even clicking on some mask to see if this would activate an update button or something - But still even, no update button or suggestion appears.
Also, as a note with you asking to check how the images appear in Develop - I did previously export all the images in different formats like png, tiff, etc. And viewing those images by opening from Photoshop, I see them as the same as Develop (meaning the differences are still there).

I tried your alternative suggestion with Auto Sync and the same results occur. I even tried different presets, trying to maybe remove some 'glitch' that may be happening.; i.e. Auto-Sync with a specific preset as you describe, close LightRoom....reopen Lightroom apply different preset....close then reopen Lightroom...etc.

I've also tried turning off some masks/submasks combinations - and while I can find some of the masks do eliminate to particular issue that happens with specific images as shown in the video( if I turn them off/disable).
All that happens is that even though much more subtle and not as obvious, I still find differences between other images. What I would do is makes changes while in the 'trouble mask' to make it distinctly different(e.g. turn off a mask)...go the presets and add/save as a newly named preset...I did that to create a few new presets....and went through process as you describe (Auto-Sync)....and still find differences amongst the images.

The presets have about 5 main masks, with about 1-3 submasks in each of them.
Perhaps it's a matter of having too many masks and there is some computational mishap happening sometimes when each image is getting processed(appling the preset) ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 03, 2024 Sep 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adding my name to the list of people experiencing this.

im taking timelapse photos, all shot in sequence with the same exposure.  Applying presents (not adaptive), creating JPEGs and I'm getting inconsistent results.

you'd think if all settings are the same the resulting JPEGs would reflect these same settings but I'll get a bunch in the sequence that are slightly overexposed from what I set them at and it throws off the whole timelapse video I'm trying to create with weird inconsistent frames.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 03, 2024 Sep 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Arjun

Adding my name to the list of people experiencing this.

im taking timelapse photos, all shot in sequence with the same exposure.  Applying presets (not adaptive), creating JPEGs and I'm getting inconsistent results.

you'd think if all settings are the same the resulting JPEGs would reflect these same settings but I'll get a bunch in the sequence that are slightly overexposed from what I set them at and it throws off the whole timelapse video I'm trying to create with weird inconsistent frames.

they are usually singular meaning the frame before and after the "overexposed" one are what I was intending so it can be jarring

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 04, 2024 Sep 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @russell_0101 ,

Can you please share the preset?

Thanks,
Arjun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issue is probably that there are several 'adaptive' adjustments in the Basic tab of Lightroom. So if you're processing a sequence of images and there are changes in the content of the images, Lightroom is unable to produce consistent results. It's incredibly frustrating, but it will never be fixed since this is "as designed."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, nevermind. I watched the vid and the issue looks to be caused by masks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're right I believe, but also on the adaptive point too(If I am understanding what adaptive is).
When I turn off certain masks the specific issues goes away(the most obvious mask discrepency.) but that only reveals discrepencies happening in other images, even though more subtle.

To test, I tried applying a default adaptive preset (Adaptive: Sky > Storm Clouds) which has only one mask,
But still even one can see a difference between some frames - But the 'only' thing that has changed is the movement of the stars.
So I was thinking originally this week before posts that it's because of just some minor change the AI does a completely different analysis result to apply - You've just supported what I was thinking.

I believe the solution is just to try and make new presets and new different masks and hope I get satisfying results with the least amount of glaring differences....or just go through manually and apply one by one some alterations to the ones that stick out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines