• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Beim Import werden XMP Dateien ignoriert

New Here ,
Jul 01, 2024 Jul 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hallo, beim Import von RAW-Fotos in LcR 13.4 (macOS 13.6.5; Apple Mac Pro Max M2), welche zuvor mit Camera Raw entwickelt worden waren, werden die dazugehörigen XMP Dateien ignoriert und komplett überschrieben. Somit sind diese wieder in den Ur-Zustand ohne die Entwicklungsbearbeitung, Beschneidung und entsprechenden horizontalen bzw. vertikalen Ausrichtungen versetzt. Stunden der Arbeit sind zunichte gemacht. Da ich jedoch weitere bearbeitete RAWs habe, die ich in einen Katalog einbinden möchte, brauche ich eine Lösung. Bei einem früheren Import vor ca. 1 Jahr war dies noch kein Problem. 

Ich hoffe Sie können helfen.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 01, 2024 Jul 01, 2024

Check that you do not apply a preset on import that will override the settings in the XMP file. Also be aware that Camera Raw can save an XMP file with a DNG image, but Lightroom Classic ignores sidecar files for DNG images, because it expects any metadata to be in the file header. Lightroom Classic only reads XMP files that accompany proprietary raw files.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It appears to me that the edits you are referring to would have been applied by Photoshop and when saved would have been saved as a tiff file. Just my thoughts.

P.S. One other possibility, Lightroom Classic will read from .xmp at initial import so if the edits you performed directly in Camera Raw were done when the original file were already imported to LrC those edits will not be automatically read. You would have to use the option "Metadata > Read metadata from the file".

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; ( also laptop Win 11, ver 23H2; LrC 13.4,;) 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5,; Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, this is not the case: there are no jpg, tiff or similar files. Only RAWs (RAW Converter) and the corresponding XMP files.

Das ist leider nicht der Fall: Es gibt keine jpg, Tiffs oder ähnliches. Nur RAWs (bearbeitet im RAW Converter der Adobe Bridge) und die entsprechenden XMP-Dateien.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

to the PS:
The editing of the photos in Camera Raw was done before using and importing LrC (I've only been using LrC for about 2 years and want to catalog the old images as well). The content of the "old" XMP files is overwritten with the import into LrC.

zum PS:
Die Bearbeitung der Fotos in Camera Raw erfolgte vor der Verwendung und Import von LrC (ich benutze LrC erst seit ca. 2 Jahren und will aber die alten Bilder auch katalogsieren). Der Inhalt der "alten" XMP Dateien wird mit dem Import in LrC überschrieben.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check that you do not apply a preset on import that will override the settings in the XMP file. Also be aware that Camera Raw can save an XMP file with a DNG image, but Lightroom Classic ignores sidecar files for DNG images, because it expects any metadata to be in the file header. Lightroom Classic only reads XMP files that accompany proprietary raw files.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In the meantime, I had chatted with the support team. Among other things, they recommended selecting "Lens correction". I had previously selected "Adobe Standard". I have just switched to "None" - and the first test was OK. All settings previously made in the Raw Converter were available.

However, I can't remember ever having selected anything there.

Many thanks for the tip. Small problem - big effect .

I hope the import now also works with the other files. Unfortunately, some XMP files have been irretrievably overwritten - no current backup ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines