• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Best monitor for photo editing with M1 machines

Explorer ,
Feb 21, 2023 Feb 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Ive had an 14" M1 MBP for 6 months and still need a monitor for it as I want to switch my work flow over from my 2017 27" iMac that Im still working on a bit. Ive been researching for a while and though Ive learnt a lot about them, Im more confused than ever.  I sell ocean landscape prints mainly and I out source the printing. I also dable in a little bit of video but printing is my main concern. Im used to my iMac edits (created with LRC & PS) but I would like to go more acurate and since its been 5 years or so since the last post on this subject (that I could find) Im wondering if anyone has any good reports on any newer (cheaper than Eizo or NEC) AdobeRGB screens that have come to market since? I live in Australia and everything tech costs a bomb here, so the top end ones are a big hit to the pocket. Ive been on the fence between a Dell UP2720Q & a BenQ SW271c for a little while but from what Ive read lately, the risk of getting a bad one is real in those cheaper AdobeRGB models and thats kind of scary! (I hear Dell's support is practically non existent as well) Im starting to think I might be better off getting a good sRGB gamut monitor instead and give up on the idea of a perfect AdobeRGB gamut solution. But what one? Couldn't be any worse than my current imac, could it?  I love my old iMac but its too old for LRC & PS updates and they don't have new M1 or M2 27"iMac versions yet, as I would have been tempted to get one of those, even though it's probably not what Im trying to achieve for photo editing, but everything looks great on an iMac! I probably would have just bought the Apple Studio by now if that had a better AdobeRGB gamut. Would appreciate any new feedback on the subject, if there is any.

Thanks - Bill

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?