• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Building smart objects and previews freeze the computer!

Community Beginner ,
Feb 08, 2021 Feb 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Building smart objects and previews freeze the computer(Mac mini m1). It is logging so much during the process, so it's very hard to use any other apps. It is lagging so much, so it's even hard to move from one screen to another screen.

I talked with Adobe technical support. They suggest me not use any other apps during Lightroom building smart objects and previews. They told me that's how it works, which is nonsense. I am a wedding photographer I import thousands of thousands of photos a month. It usually takes a couple of hours to build smart objects and previews.

Do you guys any solutions how to prevent lights from using all the CPUs power?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When LR freezes, the first thing to try is resetting the preferences and/or disabling GPU:

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/setting-preferences-lightroom.html 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I  supect you mean smart previews rather than smart objects.

Does you Mac mini M1 have 8GB or 16GB?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines