• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

busy pointer when opening photo in PS from LR

New Here ,
Aug 10, 2018 Aug 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I chose to edit a photo in PS from within LR the pointer flashes busy in PS any time I move the pointer off the image into the menus. When trying to select anything in the menus the menus jump around. This behavior does not happen when I launch PS separately after LR is running and open the photo from within PS. It does make round tripping rather cumbersome. Using windows 10, both CC Classic apps are up to date.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 11, 2018 Aug 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m not seeing this issue although I’m using W10 with a standard mouse and not a touch & pen device. It does seem strange that there should be a difference between opening files directly in PS and opening via LR Classic.

It may be worth checking the Windows task manager to see if any Lenovo services are running which relate to tablet mode. If you are only using W10, you could test whether stopping such services makes any difference. I think there is a Lenovo support site which may help.

If the problem persists you could report it in the PS family forum where the Adobe Engineers are more likely to see it.

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/categories/photoshop_family_photoshop_lightroom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you feel your video cards are up to scratch / up to spec in line with LR requirements?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It isn't listed as specifically supported but it does run whatever version of Open GL it is supposed to and is in line with the specifications it is supposed to work for. I will also try disabling the graphics acceleration, easy enough to try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Disabled graphics acceleration, then relaunched LR and tried again, same behavior, so that isn't a fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ended tasks that related to tablet mode or anything else I saw related to that, again, no change in behavior.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem didn't always exist. It developed for me along with a CC update.I don't use the pen, just a mouse so can try what 99Jon is suggesting. That said, it wasn't a problem before, very strange. And a previous update did fix the problem but it came back. I will try some things and report back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Is there not a phone support option? This way of getting support is less than satisfactory to me. I pay about the same amount monthly for MS Office as I do to Adobe and they give me a phone support option when I have trouble. Anyone out there know of a way to get to a live person over at Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines