• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I use older version of LR classic desktop app with my active current plan?? plz guide thank.

New Here ,
Jul 06, 2020 Jul 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have recently bought a monthly Lightroom plan and using a web based version as it shows me current LR classic version isn't compatible with my Windows 8.1 laptop config. Hence,  would like to know if I can download an older version of LR classic and use my current active plan with it or not? Please guide.... Thanks

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 07, 2020 Jul 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Launch the Creative Cloud App which can be found in Programs (Win) or Applications (Mac). Find Lightroom Classic in the list of applications, then click on the 3-dots button. Next click on the 'Others Versions'. Unfortunately, I can't recall if the versions of Lightroom listed is checked against your OS, but Lightroom 7.5 and earlier should be OK with Win 8.1

Untitled-1.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the update but I want to use the LR classic (i.e. desktop version), the one u r showing in ur snippet is a web based.. how can i get the desktop version? Thanks again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I want to use the LR classic (i.e. desktop version), the one u r showing in ur snippet is a web based:

All versions of Lightroom Classic are desktop based. Program runs on your local computer, not in the cloud. Photos are stored on your local computer (or a networked drive), not in the cloud.

There is NO version of Lightroom Classic that is web based.

However, there is no version of Lightroom Classic that will run on Windows 8.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My screenshot shows Lightroom Classic

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

With Win 8.1 the OP can't install the newer version of the CC desktop app and I do not think older version of the CC DTA are available. 

the only way to have the older version of the CC DTA on your computer is IF you installed it way back when it was available. 

Once Adobe updates the CC DTA the previous version, and Versions, are No long available for download and install.

And Adobe Support for win 8.1 ended some time ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IIRC you will need to upgrade your Windows OS to Win 10. AFAIK Win 8.1 is not supported anymore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines