• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't advance image in film strip using left right arrows

Participant ,
Apr 01, 2022 Apr 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For some reason I can no longer advance the selected image from the film strip by pressing the left or right arrows.  I thought I had a defective keyboard (after a small coffee spill) so I replaced the keyboard but to no avail.  Hopefully someone can help me resolve.  The up and down arrows do work in the G view mode but no lateral movement with the L R arrows.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Assuming you are talking about Lightroom Classic.

It's working fine for me in LrC 11.2 and Win 10.

Try resetting the LrC preferences.

Ken Seals - Nikon Z 9, Z 8, 14mm-800mm. Computer Win 11 Pro, I7-8700K, 64GB, RTX3070TI. Travel machine: 2021 MacBook Pro M1 MAX 64GB. All Adobe apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are the left and right arrows failing in the Library module or Develop module? It is possible for arrow keys to not affect the filmstrip/grid if keyboard focus is on a field or control, because then the arrow keys adjust the control. Whenever that happens, you can override that by adding the Command key in macOS (Ctrl key in Windows). So try pressing Command-left arrow or Command-right arrow.

If absolutely nothing in the current module has keyboard focus, the left arrow or right arrow alone should be able to move through the filmstrip. One way to try and escape all focus modes is to press the Esc key until the left arrow and right arrow work in the filmstrip.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks!  You won't believe what the answer was....I'm an idiot!  When the keyboard didn't work but the laptop keyboard did, I assumed it was damage to the keyboard from a coffee spill.  So I received a replacement, used keyboard for $20.  Unfortunately I mixed up the new keyboard with the old one and reconnected the old keyboard!  Eventually my son recognized the mistake and the replacement keyboard does, indeed, work fine.
Thanks again and cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines