• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't create a Preset or copy/paste settings doesn't work!

New Here ,
Dec 09, 2022 Dec 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,
I would like to create a preset from a PNG photo. When I click on Create a Preset in the Library, the window that appears is empty, without any parameters, without any information on the modification of the photo, yet the photo has been retouched.
Also, when I want to copy-paste the settings from one photo to another, again the settings that show up are empty.
I reset Lightroom, I deleted the caches, I emptied my photo catalog. And it still doesn't work. I can't create a Preset from my retouched photos.
What to do?
Thank you for your help,

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"the window that appears is empty,"- Are you referring to this 'window'?-2022-12-10 08_02_39-Window.jpg

Do you mean that all settings in this dialog are unchecked?

Can you click on the [Check All] button?

"I can't create a Preset from my retouched photos."- Retouched by who? Have you developed them yourself? Do these retouched photos show changes to the sliders in your Develop module panels?

Post some screen-clips showing Develop adjustments, and 'New Develop Preset' dialog window.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you referring to this 'window'? Yes, exactly, this is the 'window' that usually appears with settings of retouched photo. Usually when I created a Preset, I develop the photo, then I go to "Develop" and chose "Create a new Preset", and this window shows all settings that I used or changed. Now I have nothing, empty window. 

I can click on Check All button, yes. 

- Retouched by who? Have you developed them yourself? Developed by myself, or even, I recently bought a pack of Preset and got PNG pictures. I download all PNG pictures on my lightroom and wanted to save them as a new Preset but it doesnt work...All these PNG pictures show changes to the sliders in my Develop module panels. I see everything. But I can't save as a Preset. Let me screen a video and I will send to you. 

Thank you a lot for your response

Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the photo a rendered version of the retouch? If so it will have the appearance of the retouched original, but none of the parameters. 

With the New Develop Preset dialog, the checkbox selections are based on your previously saved preset (e.g. if you change the selection and cancel preset creation it reverts to the previous saved preset selection). 

Sean McCormack. Author of 'Essential Development 3'. Magazine Writer. Former Official Fuji X-Photographer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, so we are talking about DNG files (not PNG).

"I download all PNG pictures on my lightroom and wanted to save them as a new Preset but it doesnt work..."

Detail your workflow method in minute detail for the bought DNG presets. It might help an answer.

And confirm you are using Lightroom-Classic. Post a screen-clip of the report from the Lightroom MENU: Help > System info.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 10, 2022 Dec 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Try resetting the preferences: https://www.lightroomqueen.com/how-do-i-reset-lightrooms-preferences/

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines