• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't Remove Items in Plugin Manager

Explorer ,
Feb 07, 2020 Feb 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The screen shot pretty much says it all. 

I am trying to cleanup my Plug-in Manager by removing all the vestigial/obsolete Plug-ins. 

The Facebook Plug-in that is highlighted is a good example.  

The Plug-in is disabled and useless, but I cannot remove it because the "Remove" function in the menu at the bottom is dimmed and, thus, also useless. 

There are several others like this in the listing. 

How do I remove these useless Plugins from the listings if there is no "Remove" function? 

Thanks, 

--PS 

Screen Shot 2020-02-07 at 4.03.33 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 07, 2020 Feb 07, 2020

Try this-

Click on the [Show in Finder], and delete (or even rename) the Plugin from the folder.

The [Remove] button came 'active' when I tried this!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this-

Click on the [Show in Finder], and delete (or even rename) the Plugin from the folder.

The [Remove] button came 'active' when I tried this!

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 26, 2020 Feb 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This method appears not to work on Windows 10. Any advice?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 26, 2020 Feb 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It works for me in Windows-10, but be aware that you cannot delete the default plugins that get installed with Lightroom.

Only plugins you have added can be deleted in File Explorer.

The default plugins can be 'disabled'.

Can you supply more details than "appears not to work"?

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WobertC's method works great.  Just remember you will probably have to do this for every update because some of the plugins like facebook and flicker are in the Lightroom Classic App container and the plugins will be reinstalled with every update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Above BUT!!!!

Why do want to bother deleting it and then when there is an update to LR Classic having to do that again, and again and so on.

It is now disabled. It will stay like that for ever.

I Disabled mine a few years ago IIRC and it is still disabled.

The actual FB pluging is only 105KB.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 10, 2020 Feb 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found Luminar3Export.lrplugin in Finder, and changed the name to xLuminar etc... but the "Remove" funciton did not restore.  I am still unable to remove this plugin.

With a vestigial Facebook plugin, I moved it to the trash, but... same result.  I still cannot "Remove" the plugin from the Manger. 

Will read some more of these replies now. 

Thanks, 

--PS 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Who said this problem is "Solved" 

I certainly haven't found a solution yet. 

--P

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First of all I don't consider this a "problem" to waste time on but for me if I delete the plugin file and restart 

Lr it disappears

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm glad some users here think this is not a problem worth the effort to resolve, but that is not the sort of counsel that I came here for.  

--PS 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you search in Finder by using the [Show in Finder] button in the Plugin Manager?

Is it possible you only renamed a copy of the Plugin that is one not used by Lr?

Have you looked in {Mac - \Users\YourName\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Lightroom\Export Presets }. If the  Luminar3Export.lrplugin is shown here, can you delete it and restart Lr?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you WobertC, for taking the issue seriously (even if it is a bit of a pea-under-a-mattress).

I'm not sure now how exactly got it all to work out, but in the past few minutes I have managed to remove all the offending plugins.  Starting with you suggestions to a) Show in Finder and delete, and b) searching around for duplicate copies of the plugins, I was able to find and delete all the offending files. 

Per another suggestion, when I closed and restarted Lightroom, all those obsolete Plugins were gone.  I am now showing only the seven plugins that I actually use. 

Now most of are still showing the "remove" function as dimmed and unusable, but that I can live with (though I do wonder what is the point to having a "Plugin Manager if it doesn't actually manage plugins).  I just hope I remember how I did all this if I need to do it again when newer versions of the Plugins / Software I'm using become available. 

Thanks, 

--PS 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you actually own some people an apology. The first reply was correct in all ways but you chose not to follow the instructions and then made Assumptions and posted replies.

Whatever.

Glad it worked out for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines