• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't see presets after installing..

New Here ,
Apr 11, 2021 Apr 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using LR Classic 10.2 in Windows 10 64-bit. Trying to import a folder with several presets (xmp files) in it. I go to Edit > Preferences > Presets > Show Lightroom Develop Presets and that points me to C:/Users/Bob/AppData/Roaming/Adobe/CameraRaw/Settings. I copy the folder with the presets into this Settings folder, restart LR and can’t see these presets anywhere. I noticed that some other presets I got recently were installed in the CameraRaw/ImportedSettings folder, so I tried to install these presets there and still couldn’t see them in the Presets panel.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Attach one of the problem .xmp files to your reply here, and I can see if the preset is well-formed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have learned NOT to try and place Preset files in any of the AppData folders.

Instead I store (and backup) all my Preset files (downloaded XMPs and ZIPs) in my 'Documents' folder where I know they are, then I use the LrC [+ Import Presets..] , find the files in "Documents" and let Lightroom do the Import and install to the Lr folders.

Because Preset Names and Groups are all determined by data within the Preset file, I leave it to LrC to determine 'where' the files are installed.

I only ever look to the AppData folders when I want to Backup my own created Presets & Profiles.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines