• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't update to Lightroom 6.10

Community Beginner ,
Apr 12, 2017 Apr 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My non-CC Lightroom was at 6.9. When I ran the updater to 6.10 this message appears and I could no longer open Lightroom. I replaced LR from my backup drive and ran the updater again and got the same problem and message. Why won't 6.9 update to 6.10?  I am on a Mac running OS X 10.12.4

Screen Shot 2017-04-12 at 9.58.45 AM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 12, 2017 Apr 12, 2017

I ran into the same "update failed" error (OSX 10.12.4). Here's what worked for me:

Under /Applications/Adobe Lightroom folder: Uninstalled Lr using the Uninstall.app in that folder, but kept Preferences. Removed anything remaining in the Lr folder.

Restarted my Macbook Pro

Downloaded the Cleaner Tool. Ran it and just removed the Lightroom installer from the list.

Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems

Then I ran the update in the CC Desktop app, taking care to go into ad

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to be sure. The cleaner app removes all traces of CS and creative cloud apps including standalone Lightroom and any crud that is preventing the upgrade from working and then you can install from scratch and update. You'll probably need your license number to activate it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get the "Install failed, error U44M1P7" if I download the zip version or use the "update..." menu.  This was true when I attempted to update to Lr 6.9 from 6.8 and continues to be true when attempting to update to 6.10.  I attempted to follow the directions to rename the AAMUpdater.  That resulted in Adobe attempting to install Lr cc on my machine.  I have the stand-alone version.  Not helpful.  Is there a fix for this or am I just stuck with 6.8?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might try the uninstall-reinstall instructions given by Jao vdL above using the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool he linked to.

I haven't tried it, but that might be the only solution at present.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2017 Apr 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same problem i fix it!!!! go to Library/ApplicationSupport/Adobe/AAMUodaterInventory/1.0/ and i move to Trash the "AdobeUpdaterAdminPrefs.dat "file.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 05, 2017 Jul 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everyone talking shit. just u giving the RIGHT SOLUTION! Thankyouuuu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 05, 2017 Jul 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The other answers work as well, no need to disparage information you didn't use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 04, 2017 May 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem, can't upgrade from version 6.8 to version 6.10 but with Windows 7 Pro. Any suggestions gratefully received.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2017 Jun 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same problem with standalone version of lightroom 6... the only way to fix it was the method suggested by nikosz53942861 (thanks!).

Sorry ... but no way getting help from adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 01, 2017 Jul 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same issue, adobe lightroom 6 (standalone non CC) running on MacBook pro with macOS 10.12.5

I followed the instructions in this forum and from nikosz53942861 the last step of deleting the "AdobeUpdaterAdminPrefs.dat" file finally allowed me to update lightroom 6.10.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines