• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can you search by image description yet in lightroom?

Contributor ,
Oct 20, 2023 Oct 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know this has been a much requested feature, but any chance this will be released soon? We need to be able to search by image description. For example, we would enter "front door of a house" and photos showing a front door of a house would be displayed from our catalogue without having previously been Tagged that way. Also, we should be able to search similar images.  

Excire Search has this as a plugin but this should certainly be included as a feature to the Lightroom product by now.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This question has wider implications and I look forward to hearing the answer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe never tell us in advance about possible new features. So we don't know (and the few people who do know are not allowed to say).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Understood however most would agree it's a long overdue and basic need. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

... however most would agree it's a long overdue and basic need. 

By @Seb29

I disagree, it is not a basic need for me, and probably others would say the same. Whether or not "most" would agree is impossible to determine. So ... you have made a claim that cannot be supported.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines