Nov 01, 2012 Nov 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how do you stitch

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 01, 2012 Nov 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom does not include a stitcher. Photoshop’s PhotoMerge is Adobe’s solution for this.

I personally use the pay-for Autopano Giga from http://www.kolor.com/

You might try the simple-minded, free version for Windows, called AutoStitch from: http://www.autostitch.net/

Canon cameras at least used to ship with a panorama stitching software.

You can probably find many free and payfor version by Googling Panorama creator or similar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 02, 2012 Nov 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LR is quite a good front-end for preparing photos for stitch - also, the 10,000px dimension limit of early versions has since been lifted, so even large panos can be further processed in LR. However, as ssprengel  says, the stitching itself must be subcontracted out.

With a compatible version of Photoshop installed, when you highlight a group of images., LR gives you an Edit in / "Merge to Panorama in PS" option on the right-click context menu. This returns the finished item back to LR automatically for further adjustment and usage, and since all the intermediate images that LR needs to make have occurred in memory only, there is nothing to clean up afterwards.

With other stitchers, I have found the process can be at least partially automated, by setting up a LR Export preset (to disk), with the post-processing option pointing to the executable file for the stitch program you want to use, and all the file options set suitably.

I normally work in PTGui Pro for this, however I yesterday tried setting this up for the free (and very effective) Microsoft ICE and that works like a charm too. Doing it this way, the intermediate images have to occur as actual files on disk, which one probably wants to delete afterwards. I find this is made easier and safer by the preset pointing always  to a separate "pano" working folder, rather than mingling my temp files in with my permanent files. This leaves the tasks of moving (or navigating at save time) the output file into the same folder as the original images, and stacking those (with the stitched image at the top) after the output has been imported back into LR.

RP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2012 Nov 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Many thanks for your reply

I will try with ICE. still very new with all this.

Thanks again

Sandy

Sent from my iPad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines