• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Catalog, Lightroom Classic

New Here ,
Nov 29, 2017 Nov 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Last night I opened Lightroom Classic CC and noticed that about 1/3 of the folders and sub-folders within the catalog were missing in action. Not grayed out folders or not grayed out folders with question marks, but actual missing folders and sub-folders. Checking further I found several sub-folders that were also grayed out with question marks while the parent folder and other sub-folders attached to the parent folder were fine. The number showing for "All Photographs" was basically correct at 17636 so I could search there and find the needed photos. So the photos are in the catalog but the folders and sub-folders they are in, are missing. No photos were moved or folders renamed before this happened, or after for that matter. Due to the late hour, I waited until this morning to start researching the problem. When I started Lightroom Classic CC today a little notice popped up saying that the Lightroom Catalog needed to be upgraded to work with Lightroom Classic CC. The solution or so I thought. The Catalog was upgraded and I restarted Lightroom only to find the All Photographs number down to 311 from 17646. I have it back on the non upgraded catalog but still have the missing folders and sub-folders problem. How do I restore Lightroom so all the folders and sub-folders are there without having to repeat weeks and week of work re-editing photos. Any and all suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 02, 2017 Dec 02, 2017

Do you have 'Don't import suspected duplicates' checked under File Handling? The images are already in your catalog. They are in the SE Asia 2014 folder. You can open that folder in the left panel of the Library module, tap the G key to show contents in the grid view in the center panel, select all of the images (CMD A) and drag them to the folder you want them to be in... we've been working with the 9-17 folder as an example so stick with that for now.

In fact - take only one image and move it t

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Dec 03, 2017 Dec 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad to hear this Chris.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 02, 2017 Dec 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have to drag and drop the photo(s) from the Dropbox folder to the desired folder. You do this entirely in the Lightroom Library module.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 01, 2017 Dec 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris,

Three things.

You are showing the folder in your most recent screen shot of your F: Drive. The folder is not open so you can't see what is in the folder. Select and open the 9-17 folder. Take a screen shot of the contents of that folder. Lightroom sees the 9-17 folder just fine as shown in  your first screen shot and it is showing 0 images in it.

2. Lightroom knows exactly where the photo is. Please read my previous post. The photos that you think are in 9-17 on F: drive are in SE Asia 2014 as shown if your very first screen shot. It is highlighted under folders and showing in the film strip. To confirm this go back to your first screen shot, select the same SE Asia 2014 folder and look at the same image in the film strip as you've shown and select it in the film strip and right-click on it, then do both of the things circled in red... Go to Folder in Library and Show in Finder.

3. Please post a screen shot of the results that you get when you do both of these tasks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines