• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Catalogue backup runs on import

New Here ,
Jan 18, 2018 Jan 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Running Lightroom CC Classic on Windows 7. Frequently when I import images, a catalogue backup is initiated (Why?) and the import fails. If I exit lightroom, lightroom will not restart with the original catalogue, and I get a message that the catalogue is in use. My computer will not shut down the usual way, so that I have to power off the computer; when I get windows back up, I am able to get back into Lightroom with my original catalogue. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling lightroom, without any improvement. Need help with troubleshooting.

Thanks,

Morris

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 21, 2018 Jan 21, 2018

Thanks to Jao for his post.

So, Morris,  things you might do-

1)  Learn about the Catalogs in your computer. Which is the ONE most important to you. Do NOT open 'backup' catalogs, or do not rename catalogs as "Backup..."- this just makes for much confusion.  To see active catalogs- When starting Lightroom, hold down the [ALT] key while you click the Start Menu/Icon until you see a dialog with a list of available catalogs.

2) Turn off (un-check) the "Automatically Write into XMP" in the Metadata tab

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2018 Jan 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom is very slow to load, and on the first try I got "non-responding" as soon as I hit Import. The second time I was actually able to import images into my test file, although the process was extremely slow. When I went to print our the destination parent folder, it happened very slowly. I ran my virus program and malware program, found one malware and quarantined;still no improvement in function. The screen shots are attached. I am not sure how to answer your question about read/write, but the properties info look like read and write are enabled.Import destination.pngProperties.pngProperties-security.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would be worried about Malware or Viruses! A most likely cause of your 'slow' problems.

Check each Group or User name for permissions in the Properties dialog.

Not sure if this is a problem, but I would remove the (blue) check mark from the "Read only" option-

Capture1.PNG

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines