• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cessation of support for Lightroom desktop

Participant ,
Dec 31, 2017 Dec 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am looking for sensible suggestions as to potential replacements for Lightroom? I'm mainly looking for the image management side of things as that's what I use Lightroom for mostly.
Due to it's cessation and I am not prepared to sign up to a subscription I need a viable alternative so I'd be interested to hear what others are planning to use.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 31, 2017 Dec 31, 2017

Aha! Indeed no need to reprise that here as there are loads of threads on this issue: There will not be a Lightroom 7 perpetual offering . Are you happy about this ?

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lots of discussions on this issue at Digital Photography Review forums.

Retouching Forum: Digital Photography Review

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nice one thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm not that many threads, but I started one so hopefully might get some advice. I'm sure there'll be some here who also will be migrating to something else though, so I'd be keen to hear from those.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most of the people who hang around here do so because they are still staying with Lightroom. If you want to hear from the "other side" I think your best bet would be to go to the dpreview forums, especially the retouching forum. A lot of discussion there about Lightroom alternatives.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you mean cessation of the perpetual license? Lightroom on the desktop still very much exists.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, OP said in original message not prepared to sign up for subscription. Incredible! Photography plan is such an amazing deal in my opinion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Aha! Indeed no need to reprise that here as there are loads of threads on this issue: There will not be a Lightroom 7 perpetual offering . Are you happy about this ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ugh!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you are looking for a buy a disk, pay for updates, 'so 1990s' type of replacement for the current photo industry standard , i.e.,  Lr Classic CC?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 02, 2018 Jan 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It'd be really helpful if instead of trying to belittle me and make yourself seem somehow cooler than me, you either reply constructively to the question, or don't contribute to the thread. Cheers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines