• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Changing local storage folder

New Here ,
Sep 19, 2022 Sep 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Lightroom Classic, version 11.5. I have a windows pc.

I have my catalog saved to my D: harddrive because it has more storage space and that is where all my photography related stuff is.

For some reason, my photos, or at least a copy of them, are also automatically being saved to my C: drive, which is where all my PC programs run and I have LESS space. This is causing me issues with storage on that drive.

Why is this happening? 

How do I get lightroom to STOP saving a copy of these images onto my C: drive? OR, can I change this to save the files to my D: drive instead?

**I should also add that since these files are being saved to my C: drive, my OneDrive is automatically saving to that cloud which is causing another storage issue. I do not need these files in my OneDrive account or on my C: drive. 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 19, 2022 Sep 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is happening because you are accidentally checked "Make a Second Copy To" in the Destination Panel — and/or — your are importing your photos to your C: drive — and/or — you are accidentally importing via COPY instead of ADD. You need to make sure that when you Import, your have not checked "Make a Second Copy To", the Destination Panel is set to the D drive, and the proper COPY/ADD selection is made.

You can move the photos from the C: drive to the D drive, and re-connect them in Lightroom Classic by following the instructions here: https://www.computer-darkroom.com/lr2_find_folder/find-folder.htm (scroll down to "Part 2 — Updating Folder Location")

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines