• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Changing the color of the stripes in a flag

New Here ,
Dec 08, 2023 Dec 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I took a photograph of an LED American flag at night in Times Square and the red stripes came out bright yellow.  Is there an easy way to change those to red?   Thanks for any inputs.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can try to do it with the new point color function in LR:

https://youtu.be/M9ERABfu-Yg

Here is another tutorial how about change colors:

https://youtu.be/-5UYY5geLxs 

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.4 - Photoshop 25.9.1 - Nik Collection 7 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz PhotoAI 3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the stripes are hue shifted, then chances are the rest of the image is also is hue shifted. If so, the first thing to try is to adjust the overall Temperature and Tint to correct the whole thing, not just the flag. However, if most of the picture looks OK and it really is just the flag stripes that are wrong, I’d suggest setting up a Color Range mask targeting the yellow, and using that mask’s Hue adjustment to shift the hue to red, as in the demo below. The steps are:

1. Create a Color Range mask.

2. Click the yellow color with the eyedropper to sample it as the target color. The yellow stripes become red but this is not an actual color change yet; it’s just a red color that indicates where the mask has been created. The actual image color doesn’t change until the next step.

3. Adjust the Hue value until it’s the red color you want.

4. If it needs to be darker or lighter, also adjust a tone option such as Exposure.

5. If some yellow parts were left out, update the mask to include them. I did this by dragging the Color Range eyedropper, this time with the Shift key held down to add to (not replace) the selected color range. You can see the eyedropper is in Add mode because the pointer has a + sign next to it.

Lightroom Classic Hue yellow to blue.gif

If this unintentionally changes yellow colors outside the flag that you don’t want to change, use the Intersect mask mode to combine the Color Range mask with an Objects or Brush mask to restrict the change to the flag.

You can try Point Color, but its hue adjustment range might be too narrow. Hue is good for large moves like this one. Point Color was recently added for more precise and subtle adjustments like for skin tones, for when Hue is too much of a blunt instrument.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To me this sounds like classic overexposure and clipping.

Sometimes (if it's not completely clipped in the sensor) the color can be brought back with the Highlights slider.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It'd help to see the image.

Always baffles me why people post asking for help with some specific aspect of a picture, without letting us see what the problem is - when is that ever going to be a bad idea?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines