• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cloud Storage Full and I don't care...

Explorer ,
Aug 06, 2018 Aug 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For months I've had my iPhone with Lightroom CC blissfully synching files across the ether to my Lightroom Classic CC on my MacBook.  I focus all my efforts on my MacBook: editing, printing, exporting, backup.  Life has been good. 

Recently the synch process has stopped and I see the message CLOUD STORAGE FULL.  I do not care about the cloud.  All I care about is my iPhone and my MacBook.  Is there a safe way to clean out the cloud and get the synch process working again?  Leave my iPhone photos on my iPhone and leave my Canon, Olympus and iPhone photos on my MacBook. 

BTW Lightroom CC on my iPhone says "95 Upload(s) Pending" but nothing is happening.  Yes my iPhone and MacBook are on the same WiFi network right now. 

I took a photo on my iPhone and now it says "96 Upload(s) Pending"

I go to assets.adobe.com and  clearly see I am over my 20GB limit.  Assets shows only one folder called "Screenshots" and that folder is empty. 

I want to delete files from the cloud but I cannot see them. 

I want to delete files from the cloud but leave the files on my iPhone and MacBook alone. 

Worst case I can live with deleting files from my iPhone if I can be certain that they remain on my MacBook and are available to my edit-process-backup workflow. 

Suggestions? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 07, 2018 Aug 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The 20gb consists of files stored at assets.adobe.com, none in your case, and originals which have been uploaded to the cloud.

Unless you have been doing something you don't mention (eg importing files from your SLRs via your iPhone) in your case it sounds like the originals will be photos shot on your phone and which were synced up to Adobe's servers before being automatically downloaded into LrClassic.

The fast way to free up the space is to go to All Synced Photos in LrClassic, select the photos, and hit delete. This removes them from the server and frees up the space. Job done?

However, removing them from ASP also removes them from any collections which are synced. This may be fine with you, but often you would want the pictures to remain available on the phone, just not as originals in the cloud. So what I prefer is to unsync a collection using the Collections panel, select all the photos, go directly to ASP where they should still be selected, hit delete, and lastly sync the collection again. They will now sync as smart previews, not taking up cloud space.

This recommendation works well if photos are usually only in one collection. If not, unsync two or more (all?) the synced collections, remove from ASP, then sync again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines