Code 10 Bus error: 10

New Here ,
Feb 07, 2022 Feb 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I can't open my existing catalog. Everything went ok but suddenly the catalog quit with error: 

Crashed Thread: 47 ReaderServer

Exception Type: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGBUS)
Exception Codes: KERN_MEMORY_ERROR at 0x00000001830ff000
Exception Codes: 0x000000000000000a, 0x00000001830ff000
Exception Note: EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

Termination Reason: Namespace SIGNAL, Code 10 Bus error: 10
Terminating Process: exc handler [8791]

Then I tried to open it several times but it opens just for a 2 seconds and then quit again. 

Can you help me with that please? 

Thank you!

Zuzana

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 04, 2022 Mar 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Create a new catalog, see if it will open.

At the MAC, press and hold down the OPTION key, and click on the LrC startup icon.

That should start LrC, but with a dialog screen asking about what catalog to open, select new catalog.

If LrC starts, before it can crash, and hoping it does not, collect the System Information as LrC reports it

In LrC click on Help, then System Info, then Copy. Paste that information into a reply. Please present all information from first line down to and including Plug-in Info. Info after Plug-in info can be cut as that is just so much dead space to us non-Techs.

So 2 things, does LrC behave with a new catalog, What is the Sys Info (highly interested in plug-ins by the way)

As you probably know, googling on this is not very usefull for some reason.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines