• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Color changes between develop and Web Module (darker, redder, contrastier)

Community Beginner ,
Oct 23, 2018 Oct 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I build a web gallery for every job, after making adjustments and when I switch to that module everything becomes darker, contrastier, muddier and redder.

It's a real hassle.

I just updated to the new version 8  but it happened in Version 7 too.

I trashed prefs, rebuilt monitor profiles and rebuilt previews.

None had any effect

Anyone know the answer to this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 104 Replies 104
LEGEND ,
Oct 25, 2018 Oct 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Meanwhile, for whatever reason, I can't even log into the Photoshop family page where this bug was discussed in either FireFox or Safari:

Lightroom: Web module doesn't use display's color profile -- incorrect color management | Photoshop ...

And there are only four 'Me Too's listed.

Can anyone here log in and vote?

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just did "Me Too" at the Photoshop Family page and I could log normally.

As far as bug reporting goes, Adobe was able to "reliably" reproduce this bug and acknowledged this bug in the Photoshop Family several years ago and have done so again just a few hours ago.  If users can help solve what is causing the issue it is a benefit  for Adobe and the users.   You can say the web module is "color managed" but the web modules "color management preview architecture is buggy".  That may or may not be true in the technical sense but is just nonsense semantics to most users seeing this issue.  If Adobe is able to reproduce the problem than the user gave enough info for Adobe to identify the issue no matter what wording the user used.  It is then in Adobes hands to fix or ignore the issue.

In fact, that what I do is just ignore the color difference as the web page output from the web module is correct.  That being said, the engineer in me would like to know what is going on and have it solved.  In works in the slideshow module so it should be fixable in the web module.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure why I can log in elsewhere but not on that page to vote. It just asks me to log in after clicking "Me too". But if you and others can vote, can't hurt.

Yes, it's absolutely schematics in describing the issue and yes, it's important due to the reasons I outlined, based on working as a 'beta' and with some of the engineers personally for two decades. As an engineer yourself, I'd hope you would understand how you make your case to other engineers can play a role in being herd or not. IF the web module were 'not color managed' one could test this as I've attempted to do with untagged data and see it behave as untagged data previews in other Adobe applications like Photoshop.  I can't do that. Nor can I understand again, why my tagged ProPhoto test image appears more saturated in Web rather than the expected opposite. And therefore, I still think the best approach to dealing with Adobe is to tell them something is broken, how one tested this and let them decide what's not working and why.

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was able to log in and vote via my iPhone; go figure. Only 5 vote.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for staying on top of this Andrew.  Its a long way from a show stopper issue an makes no difference to the output but it would be nice to know what is going on even if they don't fix it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines