Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Color Tint in B&W Lightroom Premium Presets

New Here ,
Oct 03, 2021 Oct 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there!

In the new black&white Premium Presets (for example "PL10" or "PL11" - B&W for bright skin) in Lightroom Classic and Lightroom CC there is always a little color tint.  Is it a software bug? How can I get rid of it?

tint.JPG

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 04, 2021 Oct 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thread moved to Lightroom Classic. 

I'm not at my desktop right now, but do you still see the tint if you reset the photo before applying the preset?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe the tint is intentional, the settings are certianly embedded into the the preset. Additionally, if you open the Color Grading panel, you should see the adjustments that create the tint. Also, clicking back and forth between PL10 and PL11, you should see the Color Grading sliders moving, etc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Resetting the image before applying the preset does not remove the tint. Is there a way to remove the tint without changing the look of the preset?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Back at my desktop. I can confirm Ian's findings, that the tint is intentional. In addition to the Color Grading, there's also a slight tweak to the red and blue tone curves and in the Calibration panel too (for PL11, likely similar for PL10). You could certainly apply the preset, reset those panels and then save your own version of the preset without the tint.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could certainly apply the preset, reset those panels and then save your own version of the preset without the tint.

Resetting the unwanted adjustments tends to produce a very flat result.

As such, I think there are better looking B&W presets already available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you! I just removed the tint with the help of the color grading and curves. Now my custom versions of it look identical, just without the tint.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines