• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[Consolidation-Locked] Nikon D800 - No Camera Detected

New Here ,
Jun 05, 2012 Jun 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im trialing Lightroom 4 with my new Nikon D800 with the possiblility of purchasing this software if this its going to work. When I connect my D800 it says "no camera detected". Is there a patch or something missing from the software? Can't believe a new Camera like this has an isse. Or is it just me 😉

Message title was edited by: Brett N

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 18, 2012 Oct 18, 2012

Tethered shooting with the Nikon D800 is now supported with Lightroom 4.2.

Please see http://forums.adobe.com/message/4431233

Votes

Translate

Translate
Enthusiast ,
Jun 13, 2012 Jun 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are looking for something for the Mac, take a look at Sofortbild in the Mac App Store. The latest version has support for the Nikon D800, D4 and others. It interfaces with LR via the watched folder, and the price is sure right. Caveat--I haven't used it in a while since my cameras are supported by LR; previous versions had reports of unreliable connections. Might be worth a try until LR gets its act together.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jun 15, 2012 Jun 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried a lot of the above. The only reliable tethered option for the D800 that I have found is Nikons Control Pro 2 (Import to LR via watched folder etc).

Sofortbild isn't quite right - it causes the camera displays to constantly flash which isn't a good sign, plus not very reliable over a longer shoot. The other bit I don't like is that you can't switch between manually taking a shot direct from the camera (Pressing the shutter release) and clicking via an Icon on the software. Really isn't an acceptable work around.

Tried Eye-Fi which works really well, however, at full image quality or RAW it takes up to 45 seconds to download to the macbook which again, in our studio this just isn't going to cut it. I suppose you could just get the WT4 nikon wireless, but it's so expensive for what it is!

I reckon it's not long until we get support direct in LR so my advice is to be patient unless you REALLY have to have it, I don't think the cheaper work arounds are any good and the cost of NCP2 are too much to justify.

D4's and D800's are such a good studio camera that I can't see Adobe ignoring the need to add tethering at some point in the near future.......especially when Apple already have this function, it can't be beyond the capability of a programmer at Adobe to produce it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jun 15, 2012 Jun 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the feedback on Sofortbild... sounds like it continues to have issues like I have read about.

Tethering in LR seems to have continuing issues as well, so I wouldn't hold my breath that they are going to get it right (there's multiple discussions out there about poor reliability when tethered to LR).

I thought that LR 3.6 had tethering issues fixed, but during a recent shoot it failed miserably...I had to actually restart the Macbook to get things going again. Prior to that shoot, I hadn't had problems for a while with LR3.6 tethering, and thought they might have pinned down the cause of the failures. But that's obviously not the case. So there's some set of hard-to-find circumstances that still causes failure(s) during a shoot. Whether or not LR4.1 does the job any better remains to be seen.

If Nikon Capture works reliably as you have indicated, then I wonder if the additional cost might be worth it just to have a reliable connection for every shoot (especially when weighed against the cost of the other Nikon gear). The LR team is likely not ignoring the importance of reliable tethering, I'm just not convinced they have solved all the problems yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 07, 2012 Aug 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have given up on waiting for lightroom, I am now using Capture One Pro and loving it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 18, 2012 Oct 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Tethered shooting with the Nikon D800 is now supported with Lightroom 4.2.

Please see http://forums.adobe.com/message/4431233

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines