• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Copy/Paste Develop Settings for multiple images

Explorer ,
Sep 20, 2010 Sep 20, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to update some settings on multiple images. In Develop mode, I start by making the corrections to a single image, and then click the "Copy ..." button. I then select multiple images in the Filmstrip and click "Paste". This works just fine, but only on the 1st image/highlighted image, and not the whole selection. Am I doing something wrong here? Shouldn't I be able to update multiple images, at once, like a batch process?

Thanks in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have to do it in grid in Library.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If that's the case, then it's pretty lame on Adobe's part, because the options exist in Develop, so it should work there as well!

I'm finding that Sync is working, and allowing me to do what I'm wanting to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's like this on purpose.  The idea is that film strip could be hidden and you'd have no way to know you have multiple image selected.

I'd prefer another approach.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 15, 2011 Jan 15, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lee Jay

How do you know this is on purpose? It seems like a bug to me.

See this thread: http://forums.adobe.com/message/2951457

If your reasoning was correct, how come the settings do paste to the entire target selection and not just the active image when the toggle in the lower right hand side of the screen is switched to Auto Sync?

Would love to hear more of your insight, because this is really confusing me.

Best

Adam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 15, 2011 Jan 15, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just use the filmstrip (context menu) and paste will apply to all selected there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 16, 2011 Jan 16, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rob

Thanks for your reply.

I have done this, and tried to do it in as many ways as I can (rt-click on image to be copied from and used the pop-up menu, used the toolbar, used the keyboard shortcuts) and the results are still really inconsistent; sometimes the develop settings are applied to all target images, sometimes to only the first-highlighted target image, sometimes all the images except the first-highlighted image... it's crazy.

I've clearly got a problem, and I'm wondering if anyone else does, too.

Cheers

Adam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just double-checked briefly - consistent for a total of two tries (multi-paste via filmstrip context menu working as expected for me...).

Haven't heard of this as a problem others have complained about on this forum, but that does not necessarily mean it isn't happening...

In my opinion, the single vs. multiple targets of edits is one of the hardest things to learn about Lightroom. I've been using it for years and I still get confused and/or make mistakes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a differnce in behaviour, depending on how settings are pasted:

• Ctrl+Shift+V pastes the settings to the most selected image only
  • Menu "Settings / Paste Settings" (which does show the shortcut Ctrl-Shift-V) pastes the settings to the most selected image only
  • Contex-Menu "Develop Settings / Paste Settings" used in the filmstrip itself (which does not show the shortcut Ctrl-Shift-V) pastes to all selected images

Same behaviour in LR 2.7. I guess it's on purpose.

Beat Gossweiler

Switzerland

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2023 Nov 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This ☝️

Thank you!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 17, 2018 Apr 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here. Lightroom 6 on Mac. What is the fix?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have multiple images that all need the same adjustments, have you tried highlighting all of them in the film strip (in the develop module) and turning on auto-sync? The trick is to remember to turn it off or disable the highlight when you're finished with the common adjustments. Otherwise, you can get unwanted results. Yes, I speak from experience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The actual fix is simple and disturbing that Adobe couldn't chime in with this.

Instead of going up to the menu and clicking Settings, Paste Settings.

Do this instead:

• Right Click on one of the multiple selected images in the filmstrip.
  • Click Develop Settings
  • Click Paste Settings

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Instead of using Copy/Paste or AutoSync or Right-Clicking just use SYNC with the source file as most selected.   SYNC is the only command I know of which works on multiple files in the  Develop Module.

PS. I agree with Jim Hess about AutoSync.  I avoid AutoSync at all cost because if you forget to turn it off you can really mess things up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 05, 2021 Sep 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This works! Thank you. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines