• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Corrupt Lightroom Catalog

New Here ,
Mar 25, 2013 Mar 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was recently working on a Lightroom 4 catalog that was saved on a G-Drive when the hard drive failed. I was able to recover the catalog using data recovery software, but now when I try to open it, Lightroom says it's unable to open due to an unexpected error. I've tried renaming the catalog, importing from a new catalogue, and opening various ways, but nothing works. The catalog seems corrupt. Help! Is there any way to recover the catalog?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 143 Replies 143
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2014 Feb 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure if this is what you are looking for but when I pull it up in Finder and go to get info...this is the size it says:  53,501,952 bytes (53.5 MB on disk)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep was just seeing how big it is... it is not too big. Can you upload it to Dropbox and post the link here so that it is available to have a look at.

kristim wrote:

I'm not sure if this is what you are looking for but when I pull it up in Finder and go to get info...this is the size it says:  53,501,952 bytes (53.5 MB on disk)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 05, 2014 Feb 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kristi and Hunter- I have sent you each a private PM.  I can take a look at your catalog to see if there is anything I can do. See the PM for details.

Thanks,

-paul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 24, 2014 Jul 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue!! Help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Paul,

Same problem with the corrupted catolog here. I've tried everything and nothing seems to work. Can you help?

Hunter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 08, 2014 Sep 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Paul is there anyway you could look at mine and tell me if it's recoverable?!? I have all my life tagged. I JUST finished and now it won't open PLEASE HELP I'm Panicing!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 15, 2014 Sep 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi 7Griffe-

I can take a look at your catalog to see if there is anything we can do. I sent you a private email with details.

Thanks,

-paul

Paul Kleczka

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2015 Nov 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Paul, I have this same issue.  I backed up my catalog two weeks ago, but have done a bunch of editing since then and when I started using my catalog on my lap top it froze and now it is saying it's currupt and cant be repaired.  Is there any way I can get it working again?  I've done hours and hours of editing and have a time crunch.   I did attempt to make a backup of the catalog before starting work on my laptop, but it took too long and had to cancel it before it was done.  (OF course!  The one time I actually critically need the back up).  Would that file be saved anywhere? 

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 02, 2015 Aug 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having catalog issues. Randomly stopped being able to delete photos from lightroom. I closed the program. Went to re-open, says my catalog had an unexpected error and can't be opened. I've had issues in past, usually was able to recover by deleting .lock file. That is not working. Please help if you can!

I'm running Lightroom 4.4.1 - is it a corrupt file or if I upgrade to lightroom 6 will it possibly work? I have backups that are also not opening (one from earlier today) but I'm able to open and create a new catalog. I am confused. I have the new Windows 10 OS. Thank you in advance!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 20, 2015 Dec 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Paul,

I'm facing the same issue right now as well.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2014 Apr 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Paul -

Any chance I could get you to take a look at mine? V3.6 corrupt catalog...

- Jenna

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 17, 2014 Apr 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jenna-

I sent you a PM with some details if you'd like me to take a look at your catalog.

-paul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2014 Apr 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Paul,

Any chance you could take a look at mine.  I'm havign corrupt cataloge issues as well.

Thanks,

Jen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 14, 2014 Jun 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Paul,

I have a corrupt Lightroom 5 catalog that won't repair and I'm the middle of a job.
Is there anyways you could take a look at it?
I have tried many ways to fix it but no luck.

Let me know and and thank you

Kristian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2014 Jun 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been having trouble with a lightroom catalog that went corrupt and tried a lot of the above things.  Is there anyone that would be able to help to see if my catalog can be fixed.  I don't have any backups and had just finished editing the wedding.

Any help would be appreciated!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 20, 2014 Jun 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sap43 wrote:

I don't have any backups and had just finished editing the wedding.

In the future, I strongly recommend saving (xmp) metadata as you work, in case you have a catalog problem before obtaining the coveted backup..

Or maybe you do have xmp metadata saved ???

Or you didn't per-chance export those edited photos with *all* metadata did you ???

Anyway, you can try to retrieve develop settings (only) from corrupt catalog using WreckHover (a free plugin I wrote). The table with the develop settings must be readable, but nothing else, unlike importing from another catalog, which requires many more tables to be readable.

~R.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2014 Jun 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for the advice rob.  No xmp meta data saved, the exporting had started but only got through a few photos before it corrupted

i will try out the program you suggested,  thank you for the help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 21, 2014 Jun 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sap43 wrote:

i will try out the program you suggested

Please let me know outside the forum if you have any problems using it - thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 23, 2014 Jun 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sap43-

I may be able to help you. I sent you an email with further details. Please respond via email if you would like me to take a look.

Thanks,

-paul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2014 Jul 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Paul! You seem to be a wonder on here. Having the same problem, and would be SO grateful if you could help me out as well. Thanks you soooooooo much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 11, 2015 Oct 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem with my Lightroom CC catalog. LR could´t open it anymore?

What I can do? Catalog size is 180,5 Mt.

Best Regards

-Jukka-

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2016 Jan 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Paul,

I came upon this forum while looking for help with Lightroom 5.

When I tried to open my Lightroom 5 today a box appeared with Corrupt Catalog Detected. I gotten no help from Adobe.

Any help would be appreciated

Rob

Robert.eng@sbcglobal.net

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 14, 2016 Feb 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Paul,

Any chance you could take a look at mine. I'm having corrupt catalog issues as well.

I got a new laptop and I was working in between a desktop and a laptop via my external HD when this happened.

Thank you Angela

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My first corrupt catalog (LR 5.5) experience just happened today and a search brought me here. I have my catalogs set to backup once per week upon shutdown so I have a working catalog roughly a week old. Thing is, I've imported and edited multiple events since and it would be nice to recover those. I see that some folks may be getting some assistance and would love for someone to take a look at possibly recovering my catalog as well. Thanks all!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same thing happen, but all my backups are on a drive that's now

dead. No idea what to do!

- Melinda Weir -

Photographer, Get Shot by Mel

http://www.getshotbymel.com

Independent Beauty Consultant, Mary Kay, Inc

http://www.marykay.com/BeautyByMelinda

Independent Consultant, Jamberry

http://www.NailWrapsByMel.Jamberry.net

Twin Cities Adobe User Group Manager

http://www.meetup.com/Twin-Cities-Adobe-User-Group-Meetup

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines