Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Crop and zoom

Community Beginner ,
Sep 16, 2020 Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

because my last post was locked I am writing a new one and I hope that this community help me. I have only two simple questions.

1) Can someone tell me how can I switch the crop tool to the classic mode like in Photoshop and like in ACR before?

2) Can someone tell me why ACR does not fit the image automaticaly after crop?

Thank you

Jakub

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. There is no such option. 

2. You must do this via the key command:

• Command + 0 (Mac) | Control + 0 (Win) will fit the image within the preview area (Fit In View).
Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

Your answer confirmed to me that the new version is the wrong way for ACR and for Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you wish to roll back to an older version, ACR installers can be found here: https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-in-installer.html#12_x
If you also use Adobe Bridge, you will need to roll back to a previous version too, use the CC application, click on the three dots (...) and select “Other Versions”.

Official Adobe reply about the NEW UI:

"At this time, Adobe is not planning to revert the UI to the 12.2.1 state nor are there plans to offer both interfaces as an option in the future. That said, we are determined to fix bugs and improve workflows within the new user interface."

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/camera-raw-12-3-how-to-revert-ui-to-older-ver...

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 17, 2020 Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for more information. I can accept a new UI. I am talking about bugs in the new UI. I cannot accept these bugs. Everything worked fine in old version. Why not here?

I do not want to use old version if I pay Creative Cloud.

Hope that they will improve it...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Specifically, what bugs on what OS and exact steps to repeatedly result in a bug?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If something works in previous version (Classic tool for crop, automatic fit in view after crop) and if this doesn't work in the new version it is bug for me. OK - maybe it is not bug for you. It is about terminology.

We can discuss for hours about it but for me it is clear that Adobe created software which is more complicated and less usable than before. WHY should I press Control + 0 for fitting in view after each crop of the image?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 18, 2020 Sep 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's not a bug, it's by design. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines