• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Custom camera profiles have stopped appearing in LR4.3/ACR 7.3

Enthusiast ,
Dec 13, 2012 Dec 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Really odd... I've been using custom profiles that I created using a ColourChecker Passport for sometime now. I just updated LR and ACR to the latest versions, and I've noticed that they are no longer selectable under the Camera Calibration tab - I just get the standard list of profiles for my camera (Nikon D7000).

I checked in the the relevant folder for LR and they weren't there, but they are in the ACR folder. I copied them across to the LR folder as well, but this has had no effect. In both cases, they're in the root-level folder for all profiles, so in LR's case, they're in C:Program Files/Adobe/Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 4.3/resources/CameraProfiles. This is where both the CCP and Adobe DNG Profile Editor have previoulsy placed them by default - I've never needed to place them in the actual camera model folder itself. Both applications have always found them there without issue.

Anyone else had this problem since upgrading, or have a solution?

M

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 13, 2012 Dec 13, 2012

The location mentioned is for Adobe-supplied camera profiles. Non-Adobe profiles should go into a folder under your user profile:

C:\Users\yourusername\AppData \Roaming\Adobe\CameraRaw\CameraProfiles

AppData is a hidden folder so you may need to just type it into Explorer’s address bar when you get to that point in the location address.

If the profiles still don’t show up, then install the DNG Converter 7.3 which should re-install all the Adobe profiles and maybe it also rebuilds the indexes LR an

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Jan 21, 2013 Jan 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DdeGannes - thanks for the tip. Unfortunately rebooting didn't help. Seems that my Lr 4.3 is stuck with the mentioned camera profiles.

The strange thing is that not even ACR 7.3 is listed as a profile.

thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 21, 2013 Jan 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What you are seeing under the calibration sellection is normal. I think the naming of the profiles is confusing the issue. All those profiles are specific to your camera model. Initially Adobe named the profiles according to the ACR version at the time the profile was created. "not even ACR 7.3 is listed" ?? So what you see.

ACR 3.7: This is the initial profile created by Adobe for your camera model and was the version of ACR at the time.

ACR 4.4: This is and updated profile created by Adobe for your camera model. When this version of ACR was issued Adobe updated profiles for all supported camera models.

Adobe Standard: This is another updated profile which Adobe created for all camera models I think around ACR 5.x (this remains the current naming sequence all supported camera models have an "Adobe Standard Profile" you only see profiles that are specific to the camera model which created the RAW file selected.)

Camera Standard, Vivid, Portrait etc: All the profiles starting with Camera are profiles created by Adobe to "mimic" the in camera settings you have with your camera model. These profiles are special to only Nikon and Canon cameras.

In my post above when I referred to "custom camera profiles" to be put in the "users" selection for support data refers to additional profiles you or any one else other than Adobe created using a Profile creator.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2013 Jan 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DdeGannes -

Thanks so much for clarifying the issue. Yes it makes sense.

I should have specified this previously, but I am trying to load additional profiles that came with the VSCO film presets. In their tutorials when they click on one of their presets, the camera calibration profile updates automatically to the proper profile. For instance if you click on the Fuji 400 preset, the profile changes to FUJI 400, etc.

I should probably contact their support, but just wanted to make sure this isn't a Lightroom issue.

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2013 Jan 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ah - i figured it out. I need to buy a new supported camera. There you go, problem solved.

In the mean time I downloaded a sample profile for my nikon D40 from this rawstudio.org repository (http://rawstudio.org/svn/rawstudio/trunk/profiles/), copied it in the folder mentioned above and lo and behold, it sure shows up in the profiles drop down.

thanks for all the help and explanation. It really helped!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 02, 2015 Jun 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This should help you out. Made a video as I was getting lost at first. Does any one know how to apply the setting to all pictures?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WqlLWzeP6ww

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines