• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dark Prints

Engaged ,
Feb 15, 2024 Feb 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am an experienced Lr Classic User since the Beta version. I have a significant technical background and provide lots of Lr support to other serious Lr users.

I have visited multiple experienced users over the recent past, all complaining that their prints are all appearing  grossly darkened. I have been able to determine in each case that they are following a proper colour managed workflow, with latest versions of software, calibrated screens, correct paper and ink and correct paper profiles. 

There only solution has been to adjust the brightness slider or apply a custom adjustment (preset) before printing and remove the preset after printing.

I have double checked that driver settings have not been applied twice.

I can generate these dark prints consistently..

Can you please confirm to me, if there is a bug in Lr, such that images printed to paper, which have an older than current Process Version (ie in the range 1-5) will be rendered correctly.

I seriously suspect that the dark prints suffered by many many Lightroom Users is due to a bug in Lr such that the most recent versions of Lr does not recognise or respect or handle correctly images with non current Process Versions.

This is causing serious grief to a large population of users and forcing users to use third party tools to print their images.

Most of the cases above relate to Epson printers and using the latest Mac o/s and latest Lr Classic.

TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 15, 2024 Feb 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I second this complaint. Having to do work arounds and adjustment does not cut it. If this bug is not corrected i will drop LR13 and go back LR6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines