• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

delete object

Community Beginner ,
Oct 24, 2023 Oct 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i want to delete a pine tree in the foreground with a lake directly behind it. Any suggestions on how to do this in LrC without making the water in the lake appear fuzzy? I selected the pine tree with a slect object mask, but I don't know if there is any way to delete this subject (delete the subject selected in the mask, not the mask itself). Any assistance will be appreciated.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This type of editing is meant for Photoshop, not Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2023 Oct 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems that Photoshop is the way to go. I haven't done much editing in Photoshop, but I guess it's time to delve further into it.

Thanks,
Rob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A lot of that would depend on how large the tree is and how much other area there is to work with in the photo. Have you tried using this tool to remove the tree? It has worked well for me in many situations.

Screenshot 2023-10-24 231302.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which tool are you referring to? The tree is fairly prominent in the foreground, and I've tried using the healing tool as well as the content-aware/remove and neither works well.

Thanks,
Rob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Masks in Lightroom cannot be used to delete objects, only to edit them. This is indeed something that is better done in Photoshop. The new content-aware tool in Lightroom often leaves a fuzzy area behind, so I doubt it will work here.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 26, 2023 Oct 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wasn't referring to a mask. I was referring to the healing tool which is effective with small objects. However, as I mentioned previously, if the tree is prominent in the image then the healing tool wouldn't be effective and the job would probably require Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 27, 2023 Oct 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I wasn't referring to a mask. I was referring to the healing tool which is effective with small objects. However, as I mentioned previously, if the tree is prominent in the image then the healing tool wouldn't be effective and the job would probably require Photoshop.

By @JimHess

My answer was to the OP, who said "I selected the pine tree with a select object mask, but I don't know if there is any way to delete this subject (delete the subject selected in the mask, not the mask itself)."

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines