• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Deleted photos when pointed to them

New Here ,
Jan 28, 2023 Jan 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had to use image files from a backup, when an external drive failed.  When I pointed LR CC to the first image that I wanted to edit so that it could find the rest of the files, it not only found them but proceded to delete the entire folder very very quickly as I watched in horror, unable to stop it and unable to believe that was what was happening. It literally found the file and then did a count down as it deleted the files. It still showed the name in the LR catalog but showed 0.  When I checked the drive the entire file was gone.  I was a bit shocked and could not believe that this was what had just happened so I chose a smaller folder that I would be less upset about and tried again.  The same thing happened.  I really do not want to start over from the beginning of time with a new LR catalog, losing work and organization I have done through it, but I am a bit afraid to redirect LR CC to any more foldres.

Any insight into why this would happen?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 29, 2023 Jan 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please describe what exactly you are doing with much more details. Adding a screen capture would be helpful as well.

Backup the folders before doing it again. Also, please add the exact version of LrC you use.

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines