Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Denoise is not working

New Here ,
Aug 09, 2024 Aug 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! 

I am using adobe lightroom classic and desnoise is not working with my raw images (see attached below).

I am using Nikon z9 and z6ii, the files are NEF.file which is NIKONS version of raw. Someone please help! Do I need to troubleshoot. I have unistalled and reinstalled. idk what to do!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 09, 2024 Aug 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The images can be desnoised in Photoshop but not lightroom classic>>????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 10, 2024 Aug 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Jarred5C7F you posting in the Photoshop forum, try the Lightroom Classic forum instead

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are they reduced size raw files like some kind of M or S-raws?

I'm using Sony, but Denoise only works with full resolution files. They can be compressed or not, but they have to be full resolution.

I assume the reason is that downsampled raw files disrupt the Bayer pattern. I don't know if these files are demosaiced in-camera, or there is some kind of proprietary algorithm that Denoise can't access. Either way, they don't work.

Here are those that work:

denoise.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Can you post on a cloud service one of your RAW files that are having this issue?

I do not think that you can simply attach a NEF in a reply, that will fail. You may need to share the file at a service like DropBox.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! 

I am using adobe lightroom classic and desnoise is not working with my raw images (see attached below).

I am using Nikon z9 and z6ii, the files are NEF.file which is NIKONS version of raw. Someone please help! Do I need to troubleshoot. I have unistalled and reinstalled. idk what to do!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So from your screenshot:

1.png

From that it is shown:

Denoise is not currently compatible with this photo format

So that immediately points to the in camera settings for the RAW (NEF) file. What RAW option was selected? For the Z(, what about High Efficiency NEFF option??? (I do not have a Nikon, so no,, I cannot test)

No idea from the provided info and screenshot if this sample was from your Nikon Z9 or Z6II.

And see:

note that RAW compression in camera is not the issue (some early confusion on that)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moderator.

It looks like their are two postings on the same subject by the same author. A double posting/

the other one:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/denoise-is-not-working/td-p/14789593 

Should these be merged?

[Merged now by moderator]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines