• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Desktop constantly syncing after reinstallation

Explorer ,
Nov 18, 2018 Nov 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone. I’m having an issue with Lightroom Classic CC.  I recently reformatted my PC and I reinstalled everything. Sadly, I forgot to backup my most recent set of Presets. But in the cloud they are stored, so I can still use them on my iPad / Mobile and web. But they won’t sync down to my PC sadly. Any ideas on how to get them back? On my desktop I only see 1 preset, and on the web version and tablet and phone they are all there. So they are not syncing in either direction (either getting them back on my PC or deleting them off of the cloud since I don’t have any on my PC). I even tried importing some new presets but those never synced to the cloud. Yet, photos and changes to photos do sync. Any ideas?

Regardless, that isn’t my main issue. My main issue is that every time I open lightroom CC classic, it syncs photos. It syncs 875 photos To be exact, which is fine. Everything finishes, and I do my work and I close the program and I do other things on my computer. I relaunch lightroom CC and it resyncs the 875 pictures again. So I wait to let them sync, again, fine. But then every single time I open lightroom it syncs hundreds of pictures. I contacted support for an hour and a half we got no where. Their solution was to reinstall lightroom, which I had done, twice, and that didn’t work. I requested that they reset my cloud storage and I’ll resync everything, but they said they can’t do that. Around 8 months ago I contacted them and they did that for me, so I don’t know why this agent couldn’t.

Does anyone have any real solutions because I felt like the agent didn’t know what he / she was talking about or knew what to do.

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To answer your first question: presets do not sync between Lightroom Classic and the cloud. They only sync between members of Lightroom CC. You could install Lightroom CC on your computer (temporarily) and let everything sync. Then you can export the Lightroom CC presets by right-clicking on them. These exported presets can be imported into Lightroom Classic.

For your second question: you could try the reset the cloud images by removing all of them from the ‘All Synced Photos’ collection in LR Classic. Let it sync and all images should be removed from the cloud. You can then add them again to synced collections to see if they now sync one time only.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, that is genius! Thank you I shall do that right now.

One thing though: why would my Lightroom CC Classic *Upload* my presets, but not download them. That seems a bit backwards in my opinion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom Classic doesn’t upload presets either. You probably imported them via Lightroom CC some time ago.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom_2018-11-18_01-51-38.png

I wonder how this got here then... I reformatted my PC, and reinstalled Lightroom, and that's from Lightroom CC Classic. I made that single preset for a lens I hardly use anymore and it appeared in my presets! Curious. Black magic. Lol.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 23, 2018 Nov 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So I'm still having the sync issue. Does anyone have any ideas as to why every time I open Lightroom CC Classic it syncs 800+ files? Every single time I open it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines