• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Develop Mode incredibly slow in 13.3 (Mac)

New Here ,
Jun 13, 2024 Jun 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated the other day, and moving from one picture to the next is unbelievably slow. Takes a good 20+ seconds. The catalog is no bigger than my usual and very little editing. I tried optimizing the catalog, that makes no difference. Anyone else have the problem or found a fix?

Apple M1 Pro, macOS 13.5, 32 GB RAM

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 26, 2024 Jun 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, @Jason Robey. Welcome to the Lightroom Community. I'll need more info to help you figure this out. Before troubleshooting, please update Lightroom Classic to the latest version (v13.4) via the Creative Cloud desktop app.

Where do you keep your Lightroom catalog? On an internal or external drive? Do you have a recent catalog backup? 

Besides the slow-down, monitor the activity & performance in the Activity Monitor. 

As primary steps, try this:

• Unplug additional displays & use only one by default.
  • Go to Lightroom > Preferences > Performance > Use Graphics Processor > Set it off if it is on Custom or Auto. If this shows you any differences, please check this article to troubleshoot further: https://adobe.ly/3uYiJo4

Let me know how it goes. Thanks!

Sameer K

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem is from adobe not your computer. Time for them to start to work on the core of the system and the memory leak before adding stupid feature no body ask. It's crazy how they put people on bad situation because of all this lag problem.... Spend my life on phone with technicien doing the same thing on my computer. Put your team on work now...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why do you still use MacOS 13.5, or is this a typo and do you mean 14.5? Lightroom Classic 13.4 runs just fine on my 16" 32GB MacBook Pro M1 Max and MacOS 14.5, even with two 4K screens connected to the computer. Switching from one image to the next in the Develop module is nearly instantaneous. My catalog contains more than 200,000 images, so size is not the problem either.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's very odd. I am also using an M1 Pro with 32GB unified memory, but with no performance problems in Lightroom Classic 13.4 on macOS 13.6.7 on a catalog with over 150,000 images, and using Secondary Display frequently. I’m not saying there isn’t a problem, but just to say you should definitely be able to expect good performance on an M1 Pro. Hope the cause can be isolated.

How much free space is on the internal startup volume?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines