• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Disable Sync on travel Notebook and migrate this catalog on main Desktop Machine

Explorer ,
Jul 15, 2024 Jul 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey friends , I wonder if this is possible or makes sense:

I have a Notebook with low HD capacity I use for traveling, doing some photo imports and edeting inside Lightroom Classic. Atm, I decided to stop the sync feature because one big main catalog would exeed my HD limit on the notebook. Nevertheless I would love to migrate these photos/edits on my Main/Desktop machine. 
So is the following workflow possible?
1.) disabel sync on my notebook

2.) create a new, empty catlog from scratch (how can I delete already sync images withou loosing them on my main Machine)

3.) do some imports and edeting during travel

4.) at home, migrate the catalog from my the travel notebook with my main Desktop Machine/Catalog.

Any Tips how I can achieve this or do you have a better idea?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 15, 2024 Jul 15, 2024

Yes, you can, and yes their are methods of using catalogs for off site, then migrating to main catalogs for use on site.

Hopefully other members will respond, and actually answer your question (I admit that I am not)

I have one observation, You need an external hard drive.

Followup/Edit/ A few links pertaining to your posting:

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jul 15, 2024 Jul 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, you can, and yes their are methods of using catalogs for off site, then migrating to main catalogs for use on site.

Hopefully other members will respond, and actually answer your question (I admit that I am not)

I have one observation, You need an external hard drive.

Followup/Edit/ A few links pertaining to your posting:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 16, 2024 Jul 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just a tip…when merging one catalog into another, many of the tutorials show screen shots of the basic Import From Catalog dialog box. I think Import from Catalog becomes much easier to use if you do these two things that are not always mentioned:

There’s a Show Preview option at the bottom. If you enable this, the dialog box expands to show you thumbnail previews of the images in the folder selected in the list. If you need to select some folders and not all of them, Show Preview makes it easier to see what’s in each folder so you can confirm that you’re selecting the right ones.

The Import From Catalog dialog box is resizable. If you’re on a large display, drag any corner of the dialog box to make it bigger so you can see many more listed folders and preview thumbnails at once.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 17, 2024 Jul 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Conrad, will give it a try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines