• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Discrepancy in number photos Synced between Mobile, Online and Classic CC Desktop

Community Beginner ,
Mar 11, 2018 Mar 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I am hoping someone can help me as I have tried everything I can think you. I just can not seem to make the number of photos I have synced between LR Mobile, LR Online and LR Classic CC 'balance'. Despite even knowing which Collections the numbers don't match, I can not make work out how to 'force' a sync or similar.

For example, LR Classic CC and LR Online say I have 132,314 photos synced but LR Mobile says I have 132,308. I can see the Collections that are 'short' a photo or two. For instance, they should have 1,586 photos that only have 1,585. These small discrepancies make up the 6 missing overall.

I don't seem to have any sync errors shown in LR Classic CC and there are no syncs pending. New photos and new collections get synced perfectly and as expected.I have no videos in these collections.

I just don't understand why LR Classic CC and Online are matching and mobile is not. PLEASE HELP.

Many thanks in advance.

Sam

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 19, 2018 Mar 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then LR uses the Default location which is some subfolder under the Pictures folder in your User Name folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 20, 2018 Mar 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Theoretically, if I don't push any photos into the LR CC mobile app from my iPhone or import any into LR CC using the web interface (given I still don't have LR CC installed on my new computer and don't plan to), then that mobile folder should never get created (and photos should never go to this default location you refer to), correct?

With my current workflow, I do have LR Classic CC synced with LR CC and do have LR CC installed on my iPhone, but the intent is only so that any photos I place in any collections in LR Classic CC will be available on my phone for means of sharing with people/exporting. So, even though the sync communicates back-and-forth, I essentially am using it for just a 'one way' purpose, perhaps with the rare exception that I might make a slight edit on the mobile app and that'll reflect in LR Classic CC, right? That begs the question, will edits that sync from LR CC to LR Classic CC reflect in the "History" pane in LR Classic CC?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looty81  wrote

Theoretically, if I don't push any photos into the LR CC mobile app from my iPhone or import any into LR CC using the web interface (given I still don't have LR CC installed on my new computer and don't plan to), then that mobile folder should never get created (and photos should never go to this default location you refer to), correct?

Well the Folder might get created, not sure, but if you don't add any images to LR CC Mobile on your phone or pad then even if the folder is created no images will be downloaded to it. The folder isn't really taking any hard drive space.

You could create 1 Million folders on your drive and it might take up 1MB of drive space, or Not. I've never tested that.

I just created an empty folder on Windows and when viewing the properties of it is says Zero bytes on disk.

So I wouldn't worry about the folder being created as long as nothing goes into it no drive space will be taken up.

Looty81  wrote

With my current workflow, I do have LR Classic CC synced with LR CC and do have LR CC installed on my iPhone, but the intent is only so that any photos I place in any collections in LR Classic CC will be available on my phone for means of sharing with people/exporting. So, even though the sync communicates back-and-forth, I essentially am using it for just a 'one way' purpose, perhaps with the rare exception that I might make a slight edit on the mobile app and that'll reflect in LR Classic CC, right? That begs the question, will edits that sync from LR CC to LR Classic CC reflect in the "History" pane in LR Classic CC?

Yes that is the way I read it. Like your above workflow I only use the LR mobile app on my phone to show pictures to other people images I have synced to the web/mobile system through collections on LR Classic CC.

I have one image synced from my phone to the web/mobile system and that was just for testing. I actually have that same image in a folder on my hard drive outside of the mobile/web/sync stuff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much for your continued support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looty81  wrote

Thanks so much for your continued support.

You're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 14, 2018 Mar 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd like to loop in Akash Sharma​ and Megha Rawat here to see what additional input they might be able to provide.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines