Earlier versions of Lightroom Classic for free trial

New Here ,
Jul 09, 2022 Jul 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can anyone please tell me how I can download an earlier version of Lightroom Classic for free trial purposes? I'm using a mac

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please advise what macOS version number you have installed as that will determine which LrC version will run on your system.

Regards, Denis: iMac mid-2015, 5K 27”, GPU 2GB, Ram 24GB, HDD 3TB, macOS 11.6.8,; LrC 11.4.1, Lr 5.4.1, Ps 23.3.2-ACR 14.4,; Camera OM-D E-M1.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Admin / Monitor

How is this a bug?

Recommend move to Discussions.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not able to pick the version I want to install when installing it for free trial. This is the bug.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom Classic engineers will only address bug's for the latest version which is presently LrC 11.4.1.

Presently LrC need at least version at least 10.4 installed to syncing collections with Lr desktop and Lr Mobile apps.

The Adobe Creative Cloud application, which is required and install Lightroom apps, will identify the versions that are available for the OS you are running, That is why I requested the info in my first reply.

Regards, Denis: iMac mid-2015, 5K 27”, GPU 2GB, Ram 24GB, HDD 3TB, macOS 11.6.8,; LrC 11.4.1, Lr 5.4.1, Ps 23.3.2-ACR 14.4,; Camera OM-D E-M1.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Issues that muddy the waters

• Apple or Intel Silicone? What is the CPU. The M1 series will have issues with older LrC. First version to be native to M1 is v10.3. Oh, you could use Rosetta, but it was buggy.
  • MACOS? A MACOS of Catalina or newer will not allow Lr v6 or older to be installed. Oh their is a workaround, but not if M1.
  • Limits on older versions available thru the Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop App. (If you could use that prior to subscribing) Per Adobe policy (link:Creative Cloud Support Policy ) only one major version back is presented. Current LrC is v11.4.1, so current major version is v11, hence for a capable computer the oldest presented is v10. Specifically, you can currently install from a selection of v10.0, 10.1, 10.1.1,10.2 10.3, 10.4, 11.0, 11.0.1, 11.1, 11.2, 11.3, 11.3.1, 11.4, and current 11.4.1. Assuming your computer supports those versions.
  • System requirements as presented in: ( link:Lightroom Classic system requirements )
  • Method of install. The proper method of install is to subscribe to a plan then install the Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop App, and from that, install the apps. BUT, I am fairly sure if you do not have a subscription, you will not see any available LrC in the Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop App. (hmmm, unless it is shown lower down in Apps to try???) Instead you are probably attempting the install of a trial via the Adobe web site. As I do not want to muddy up my account (paranoid yes) I can not test that out. I suspect, a similar policy is in place as to versions presented.

Followup

As can be seen on the above, at least one bad assumption was made, subscription status. So an inquiry. Where are you going for the Trial, and what is shown? A screenshot would help.

So, still of interest for a member to help: MACOS? Apple computer model? And just what version do you want?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines