• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Editing MacOS X Photos in LRC

Community Beginner ,
Sep 08, 2023 Sep 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am familiar with editing a photo on a dcvice (iPad or iPhone) within LRM and then returning an edited version back to Photos on an iOS device. It works quite well by selecting Device in LRM, editing the photo and then returning the image to Photos as a jpeg file.

Is there a way of doing the similar process on a MacOS X machine? That is using MacOS X Photos application, edit a photo in LRC and then return the new edited version back to Photos?

I have tried going to Photos>Image>Edit With Lightroom Classic but the odd thing is that it launches LRC but does not open my LRC Catalog but basically creates what appears to be a new Catalogue. Ideally, I would like the LRC edited version to also remain in my Catalogue but also to return it to Photos when editing is complete.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 08, 2023 Sep 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There is no similar mechanism in Mac OS as in iOS. You have to manually export the image from Photos, import it into Lightroom Classic, edit it and then export it from Classic and reimport into Photos. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines