• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Enhance Details: black images

New Here ,
Feb 13, 2019 Feb 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When using the new Enhance Details feature, the result is always a completely black image.

There is no error message and Windows 10 is up to date. (Build 17763.292).

Are there any other requirements for this feature?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 13, 2019 Feb 13, 2019

This is a known issue affecting some customers, but not all. The Adobe engineers are investigating. I suggest you add your details to the link below. You will then get a notification when a fix becomes available.

Enhance Details broken - All-black preview and final render | Photoshop Family Customer Community

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a known issue affecting some customers, but not all. The Adobe engineers are investigating. I suggest you add your details to the link below. You will then get a notification when a fix becomes available.

Enhance Details broken - All-black preview and final render | Photoshop Family Customer Community

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do and getting back images and my Windows 10 system is completely up-to-date. Is this feature supposed to work on RAW files which have been converted to DNG files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry -  I am getting black images ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

walterono  wrote

I do and getting back images and my Windows 10 system is completely up-to-date. Is this feature supposed to work on RAW files which have been converted to DNG files?

Depends upon how you got the DNG.

read this

Enhance fine details in raw images

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. All black image here also.

Windows 10

Build 17763.316

Version 1809

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Best place to raise your issue is Enhance Details broken - All-black preview and final render | Photoshop Family Customer Community

as already explained by 99Jon earlier in thread

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 14, 2019 Feb 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why would I join a non-official forum to report things to Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

john27rg  wrote

Why would I join a non-official forum to report things to Adobe?

Actually pretty much sure it is an authorized official Adobe site. This forum even has a link to it. And on the occasions that actual Adobe staff respond in this forum, the redirect discussions to that site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same logon as you use on this forum works there. It is the official Adobe feedback site so it just uses Adobe accounts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep. Me too. Adobe support accessed my computer for quite a while and determined that every aspect of my system is up-to-date.
But I'm getting a black DNG.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this issue too for both Canon 6D and Fuji X100T files that LR converted to DNG. Windows 10, all up to date.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even though you have updated the OS it may be that older hardware is not compatible with the fairly new technology. This feature uses CoreML (mac) and WInML (windows). In the meantime you may wish to check that drivers for your video card are up to date.

When you go to the link don’t forget to click the “Me Too” button which is how Adobe tracks importance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

NVIDIA DRIVER?

Lots of people (not all) having this issue have older GPU cards, lots of these being NVIDIA, I happened upon the NVIDIA drivers download page this morning while checking another members driver version, and low and behold some new ones as of yesterday.

If you have  a NVIDIA GPU you may want to go over to Drivers | GeForce  and check. No idea if this is because of LR Classic CC v8.2.

Reminder; Just another user not from Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for this. My NVIDIA driver was not up to date. Unfortunately, even after updating and a restart I still get the same black screen issue. But no doubt this is one part of the puzzle.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 16, 2019 Feb 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've found a temporary fixup here (posted by Wes Aslin): Camera Raw/Lightroom: Enhance Details broken - All-black preview and final render | Photoshop Family...

You have to forced Lightroom to use OpenGL instead of Direct X

Goto site Lightroom Classic CC crashes on exit | Windows​ and  see Step 2 on this site.

I'm working with an Quadro K2000 graphic card and Windows 10 (version 1809). I've installed the latest driver (version 418.81) too.

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.7 - Nik Collection 7 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz PhotoAI 3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 17, 2019 Feb 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am getting a completely black image, Win 10 64 Pro, all latest updates installed. nVidia GTX 690 video card.

[personal information removed per policy - https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-3731]

[This is a public forum, not Adobe support, please do not post personal information]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 17, 2019 Feb 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

billbyrnes@live.com  wrote

I am getting a completely black image, Win 10 64 Pro, all latest updates installed. nVidia GTX 690 video card.

[personal information removed per policy - https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-3731]

[This is a public forum, not Adobe support, please do not post personal information]

Go to:

And click on the Me To button.

include your system information

Thus let’s the Adobe Engineers see it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 14, 2019 May 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi All,

We are happy to announce the release of Lightroom Classic 8.3 which should fix the issue related to black preview(after final render) in Enhance details feature.

To update Lightroom Classic to 8.3, click "Update" in the Creative Cloud desktop app next to Lightroom Classic.

More detailed instructions for updating

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/update-app.htmlThis update includes new features and bug fixes to some of the top customer reported issues.

What’s new and fixed

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom/help/whats-new.htmlRead more about the Lightroom Ecosystem May release on the Adobe Blog.

May Lightroom Releases

Please update to latest version of Lightroom Classic and  let us know in case you continue to face this issue.

Thanks,

Akash Sharma

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines