Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export help needed pls - Lightroom Classic

New Here ,
Jul 29, 2019 Jul 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

I have Adobe lightroom classic and have just finished editing over 600 wedding pics ready for exporting to desktop, this has always exported smoothly until now, upon clicking export I get a pop up on the screen which says " originals missing for some images "

Smart view previews will be used if available continue yed/no ????????

Never happened before and need to be uploading the next wedding , any help is appreciated.

Darren

Message was edited by: Sahil Chawla

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Darren,

This happens if the original images are moved to a different location out of Lightroom. As Lightroom does not store images, it only stores image previews. Please check this article to know how to find the and re-link the missing images: How to find missing photos in Photoshop Lightroom Classic

Let us know if it helps.
Regards,
Sahil

Moved to Lightroom Classic — The desktop-focused app​

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ,

This does not work for me sorry, it's not saying files are missing but

originals are missing, no file in library or develop has a ! on it also no

folder on the left shows anything either, ? if I go to library on the top

menu and fo down to find missing photos it shows 549 photos from the

previous export ??

I still cant export anything and am getting behind on editing .any help pls

from anyone ?????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

darrenb86318737  wrote

Hi guys,

I have Adobe lightroom classic and have just finished editing over 600 wedding pics ready for exporting to desktop, this has always exported smoothly until now, upon clicking export I get a pop up on the screen which says " originals missing for some images "

Smart view previews will be used if available continue yed/no ????????

Never happened before and need to be uploading the next wedding , any help is appreciated.

Darren

Message was edited by: Sahil Chawla

So, are you using SmartPreviews?

And if so, did you import the original images from your card to an external drive?

And is that external drive connected?

LR Classic will happily work with the SmartPreviews as if nothing was wrong, if those originals were not available. That is until you export.

P.S. not a SmartPreview user. But according to the link below, Thumbnails when a SmartPrieview is in use have a indicator, is that just when the original is off line?

https://www.creative-photographer.com/smart-previews-lightroom/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi David,

Thank you for your help in this, I'm not using any preview but I may have worked out my problem if you agree but I've no idea how to resolve it, my last weddings bride before this one that was exported  had the same name as the bride on this wedding that I'm trying to export so I kept the same file name on my camera, this is now in lightroom and trying to export and when I click find missing photos it brings up 600 files from the last wedding that has been exported so I'm sure the problem is that they have the same file names would you agree ?? I think this is the problem but how do I resolve this pls ??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a very vague explanation, and we can't possibly know if the similarity in bride's names is the cause, because you haven't given us any information about what folder names the photos are stored in, or how the files are named. Also, when you take photos at a wedding, do you reset the file number counter in the camera so that each wedding's photos starts with photo number 0001? (Or 0000?)

Also, back to your original comment, that export says the files are missing, but there are no exclamation point icons seen in the Library module ... show us screen captures of one of these files in the Library module, and then screen capture of the message when you try to export it, so we can see that this for ourselves.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The folder names are different as these have the bride/grooms name on but the actual file names are the same, I will take some screen shots to show what you ask, how do i upload them onto herr pls ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You upload images here by clicking on the Insert Image icon (7th from the left).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Follow-up question: are the original photos still on your camera card somewhere, or backed up somewhere?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've taken screen shots but cant get them to upload, thanks for help anyway I'll have to go to a shop or something tomorrow,  the files on both weddings are exactly the same on both weddings so when I ask to locate lost weddings it brings up the wedding that was last exported .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the original un edited photos on SDcards yes , tried inserting both cards into mac and trying but no luck, I think it's because both files all have the same name so somehow need to change this one which wont export.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you have the originals, you should be able to re-link them to the edits, but it still depends on how everything is named and located.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines