• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export photo several times

New Here ,
Feb 07, 2024 Feb 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wonder if a photo lose quality if I export the same photo several times?

For example, if I edit and export a photo from Lightroom, but I am not happy with the result, so I edit some more and then export a new photo. Does the new exported photo have the same quality as the first exported?
If I export the same photo (but have re-edited) 10 times, does the 10th exported photo have the same quality as the first exported photo?

Thanks in advance!

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No issue. The original image remains the same throughout the editing and re-editing process, because Lightroom doesn't change the original image. Edits are stored in the catalog and are only applied when creating the derivative image during export....so if you continue to work with the same original image you can re-edit and export as many times as you want and there will be no quality degredation. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your answer!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines